Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legal free mp3

• 17-11-2005 11:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭

http://www.pandora.com/

Basically you type in the name of an artist or song title and it starts playing similar style music. You can vote on whether you like the song or not and it will adjust its playlist accordingly. Streams at 128kbps

This is very similar to the last.fm radio player thingy but this seems to work better and give a more diverse choice of music. Also if you're restricted by firewall (college) last.fm player doesn't work. This does :D:D:D

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭jptk

Im using a crappy dial up connection, it only plays for a few seconds then pauses. Can i fix this??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

This is pretty damn cool. Thanks JoeyD!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

Excellent site, better than last.fm imo. cheers :v:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

jptk wrote:
    Im using a crappy dial up connection, it only plays for a few seconds then pauses. Can i fix this??

No your gonna need broadband mate. I have 56k at home too so i feel your pain. I just use pandora in college

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

That is cool!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭jptk

JoeyD wrote:
    No your gonna need broadband mate. I have 56k at home too so i feel your pain. I just use pandora in college

Dammit! Ok, I thinks its time I get broadband

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Ah that is sweet, if I want to hear a song and don't have it it is right there :)

It is also showing me a lot of good bands i have never even heard of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

That is a pretty cool site. Do you get any extra things when you create an account?Like more tracks etc

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

you get up to 100 chanels and i have a favourite list to listen to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

this thing is great, what a fantastic idea!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Love this! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,258 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

damn i skipped too much within the hour - now i have to sit back and enjoy the music :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,632 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Thanks, JoeyD, well done! Hehe, i started off with Atheist, and it brought me to Dismember.

I also started with Metallica, which took a weird combination of changes from Aerosmith and Skid Row, right to Death and Mayhem and back to metallica again! Its pretty damn handy though. Must test it in the long run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

kool nice. thanks for that lisning to music on it now. will use it in the future probly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Has anyone registered to this website? Is there a charge?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

No charge. It's fatastic!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Sweet, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭rahim

I've been looking for something like this for years. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Does it just continue playing different bands/songs, or do you have to press play each time?

This is really cool, btw!

It keeps on playing.
    It's great that you can skip songs you dont like, took me a while to figure that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

absolutely wonderful website

has been bookmarked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Rustar

*mumblemumble'What U Hear'mumblechokegaspmumble*

Ok this seems to be proving pretty popular. Just in case you havn't tried the last.fm player, heres a link: http://www.last.fm/radio/

Also you'll find that neither of these play classical music, i don't think. I know this is the Rock/Metal board, but some people have varied tastes. This is a good place for classical - http://kuatfm.org/classical.cfm

Altho this site is in Russian, its pretty easy to guess how to navigate it. It has free mp3, among other things...
    <snip>

There is no such thing as free mp3. In this case, it's the bands who are getting screwed here. Russian sites offereing free mp3 files are in breach of the copyright laws of this country, and as a result, it is an offence to download them here. Do not link to one again.

Doctor J

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Is there anything the Internet cant do? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 frux

Absolutely fantastic!!! It is really great to discover new stuff! Thanks for the link. :D

<snip>

That stuff is far from legal. Russia frequently doesn't give a **** for copyright law, which is why those sites exist, but downloading to here is a breach of copyright law in this country and also thieves from the bands, so don't link to any more.

Doctor J

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Missed this thread the first time, but I'm fortunate for the bump (site's great!)

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

Very cool, thanks for the link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭mjquinno

excellent thanks for the link.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement