Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ffvii last order

Options
  • 17-11-2005 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭

i have not played the game so this is probably a stupid question. where does this fit in with advent children? obviously its set before the film, but should i be watching it and saying "oh, if only i had seen this before the film everything would make sense"?

it didn't seem to go anywhere or tie in with the film much (there was the stuff about mother).

is it a case of needing to have played the game to understand the story?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

I haven't seen it yet but if it is about
    Cloud, Sephiroth, Tifa and Zack at the Mako reactor in Nibelheim
    Then it is a retelling of part of the game.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Well... It's more re-telling a part of a flashback in the game.

It's set before the game proper but some of it is shown in a flashback, as I said. I'd probably say it's one to watch first. Or if you intend playing the game, do so, watch Last Order and watch Advent Children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭Malafus

halenger wrote:
    Well... It's more re-telling a part of a flashback in the game.

It's set before the game proper but some of it is shown in a flashback, as I said. I'd probably say it's one to watch first. Or if you intend playing the game, do so, watch Last Order and watch Advent Children.

Last Order just clarifies a couple of specific details that were left out of the game. It explains what happened to Zack. I watched it after FFAC, but it is in no way relevant to the story of FFAC, so it didn't matter.

Something I found odd about it though
    In FF7, Sephiroth was thrown into the Mako Reactor by Cloud, but in Last Order, he just jumped in... why the(albeit minor) change in the story?

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭sme

halenger wrote:
    I'd probably say it's one to watch first. Or if you intend playing the game, do so, watch Last Order and watch Advent Children.

i kinda did all that backwards, ive seen advent children, then last order and haven't played the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Anto and Moe

Yeah, you should really play the game before ya see Last Order.

As for Malfus' point, I haven't the foggiest, I was wondering about that myself!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Cloud lied about the whole Nibelheim incident to Tifa & the rest so maybe he never did
    Sephiroth into the Mako reactor, it's only a small change I guess

Advertisement