Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

02 Webtexts abroad?

• 18-11-2005 12:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭

When i try to text abroad on 02's webtexts they seem not to actually send for me.If they do the msg is repeated.Have any one have problems texting international with 02?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

Does the O2 txt page give you an error when you try to send international texts? Or do they simply not arrive on the other side?

Also, just to verify: if you're sending a txt to, eg, the UK, from O2's web page, it's 44.... not 0044....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

I have the same problem.. No error message but some texts are not received. I think the web text form will protest if you put 00 before the country code..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

Well i do text austrailia/Nz and they either dont get recieved or the message is delayed.Somtimes the message is repeated.When i search for the country code (Eg Nz)64 automatically comes up.So i doubt 00 has to go before it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

no problems for me sending abroad

European abroad or everywhere?Does the message take ages to be delivered to the other person abroad or same as usual in Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

romania is the furthest place i text, and they get through instantly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Barrie wrote:
    European abroad or everywhere?Does the message take ages to be delivered to the other person abroad or same as usual in Ireland?

I txt UK a lot seems ok. With UK or IRL I get a long delay somedays. I can txt someone in Ireland on O2 in the morning, and they get the message that evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Texted America a lot this summer and had no problems.

I have tried again but they still getting delayed and whatever.Its 25c a txt from my phone so its draining my credit.

Hopefully this will be fixed..........soon.

Advertisement