Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How Many 360s

• 18-11-2005 12:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭

Does anyone no how many xb 360s ireland is getting cause i heard that the uk were getting 500 000 and theres no way we are getting that many

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I cant see why we would get anywhere near that amount seeing as we have a population less than a tenth of theirs. Will they even sell 500,000 here over its life?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Stekelly wrote:
    I cant see why we would get anywhere near that amount seeing as we have a population less than a tenth of theirs. Will they even sell 500,000 here over its life?
    I'd imagine somewhere in the region of 15 - 20k. Just a guess though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

keithkk16 wrote:
    Does anyone no how many xb 360s ireland is getting cause i heard that the uk were getting 500 000 and theres no way we are getting that many

It 50k for the UK not 500K

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

At a rough estimate, I'd hazard a guess at 6000-7000 units at most for Ireland. Lafors is right, the UK is getting 50,000 360's with more to come in mid January.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭antifyre

it's certainly less than people/shops originally thought, Harvey Norman in Swords said 65, now they are only getting 40..,

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

antifyre wrote:
    it's certainly less than people/shops originally thought, Harvey Norman in Swords said 65, now they are only getting 40..,

make that20....well 16 for launch...got 22 of the core thou

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

splinter wrote:
    make that20....well 16 for launch...got 22 of the core thou

are they all pre ordered? or any chance of showing up tomorrow and snagging one?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

the core probably, the premium not a hope :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭freer

der are 300.000 for europe. my sis works in argos n she is holdin 1 for me but for sumreason argos arent gettin den till monday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

freer wrote:
    der are 300.000 for europe. my sis works in argos n she is holdin 1 for me but for sumreason argos arent gettin den till monday?

I just rang Argos Customer Care, and they confirmed that they will be selling XBOX 360 in Ireland tommorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Just asked my local xtravision and they said only they only have prebooked 360s for tomorrow and they won't have any more in til next year. Argos looks the best bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

How can you buy a Xbox 360 from Argos? I usually look up their catalogue, pick out the number, pay at the till and collect the goods then.

Xbox 360 won't be in the catalogue and have a catalogue number, so how would you buy one from Argos? Would you ask the person at the till that you want to purchase one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Argos update their in store catalogues with new products all the time, you're looking at the outdated version of the catalogue CorkMan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

I Just went into gamestop to verify it was the €409 package i was getting and they started filling me with this crap that i have to buy one of there packages where i have to buy a load of games that i dont want whats the deal with that anyway i told her i am only taking the €409 console as thats all i booked after a lirttle bit of no your not i convinced her otherwise feckin chancers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Just in from Tesco head office today, (Sorry if this is old news)

...HOWEVER this may be bull...

The 'Clarehall' store will have only 8 consoles for sale and staff are NOT able to buy them unless they get in line like the rest of us. The bloke could not say how many units have the hard drive but he did say 'some' other store have only 4 or 5 for lonch day. When asked what time they would be selling them he said something like 'seeing Clarehall is 24HR it could be anytime in that store'.

...well it may help someone...or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 HornPilot

god's toy wrote:
    Just in from Tesco head office, (Sorry if this is old news)

The 'Clarehall' store will have only 8 consoles for sale and staff are NOT able to buy them unless they get in line like the rest of us. The bloke could not tell me how many units have the hard drive but he did say 'some' other store have only 4 or 5 for lonch day. When asked what time they would be selling them he said "seeing Clarehall is 24HR it could be anytime in that store".

...well it may help someone...or not.

You going up yourself mate?? I was planning to, you think there will be many heading up there??

HornPilot wrote:
    You going up yourself mate?? I was planning to, you think there will be many heading up there??

Nope thank god I don't need to as I preorderd mine on buy4now on 5th sep and they rang me back two days ago to confirm I got it, (wont get it till monday thought) If I didn't get the call back I would be up there now I guess in line waiting (Yea sad I know)

I suppose a few will turn up yea but not loads... but then I could be way off on that. hope they dont do the scam deal crap like so many are.

Hope the best for you dude, really do :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

I was asked did I want to buy a bundle and I said no but the guy whos runs gamestop in Limerick , is sound so everything was grand like. Cant wait for tommorro.

you think there will be a good few people up there??, I doubt ill go down til fairly close to 12 and if there's people queing and stuff then fair dues they want it more then I do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

\o/ extravision has one down in their store with my name on it :D

• Advertisement

you think there will be a good few people up there??, I doubt ill go down til fairly close to 12 and if there's people queing and stuff then fair dues they want it more then I do.

Well the bloke said he has not really got calls asking about that store so you never know eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

I went to Argos and they said that they won't have it at all tomorrow.

HMV in patrick street have 60 pre-orders, but are only getting in 5! The person behind the counter quoted "March 2006" as the next date you can get a 360!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

CorkMan wrote:
    I went to Argos and they said that they won't have it at all tomorrow.

I got the same thing in Argos St.Stephens Green today. He wasn't really arsed tbh and didn't know what I was asking for at first but when he enquired 'behind the scenes' he came back and told me 'maybe Saturday or Tuesday'.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Ronan

I was in Clairehall Tescos today and they told me that the shipment didn't arrive today as expected :( Also I rang them at about 8:30 and was told they wouldn't have them till after Christmas. Anyway, I hope they were talking crap but I wouldn't hold out hopes. Personally I have mine pre-ordered in xtravision, but I know they didn't get the allocation they were expecting either. I expect this will all go pear shaped tomorrow for a lot of people.

Hmm someone is lying here, the buyer in Tesco was the person who provided this info.... however now I see this and I have to question what I was told... I would go to the store and get them to ring the buyer in Gresham House (head office) and ask them to explain this... somethings not right.

grrr... get the feeling the staff got the lot despite what i was told.

Ahh damn...so they will deffo not have any?? I was gonna leg it down...probably no point now!! :mad:

Well this is just what I was told a) by the person who checks in the deliveries today, who said they didn't arrive on the 2 o'clock delivery they were meant to be on. When I asked if they would have them tomorrow she said she didn't know.
    b) The after christmas was when I called this evening to see if they got them in a later deliveery or something. TBH I was shocked when they said after Christmas, I hope it was crap but it is just what I was told.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

yep i rang them a few minutes ago and the girl at customer services told me that they didn't have any and that they wouldn't have any until after xmas. its bollix lads... every other place i rang got them, they only have enough for their pre-oreders but they received their shipments today. i think they are smokescreening everyone who rings, and i for one am gonna take a chance and head up there at 11pm. see ye there! is there anywhere else opening at midnight tonight?

A mate of mine who works there said they would have them, but ah well I live in hope. I'll get out early tomorrow and hit a few places and see what happens!! Goodluck to everyone I hope you all get one!!

• Advertisement

Arciphel wrote:
    yep i rang them a few minutes ago and the girl at customer services told me that they didn't have any and that they wouldn't have any until after xmas. its bollix lads... every other place i rang got them, they only have enough for their pre-oreders but they received their shipments today. i think they are smokescreening everyone who rings, and i for one am gonna take a chance and head up there at 11pm. see ye there! is there anywhere else opening at midnight tonight?

HMV on grafton will open at midnight just for pre orders though!!

Im not gonna bother going down to clarehall myself...Id say they have none, but keep us posted man, Good luck with your hunt anyway!!

Maybe Tesco in Dundrum might have them....

tried tesco in dundrum, they won't have them because they are not a Tesco Extra store. Might try Maynooth tho.

yes i am going to clarehall, if they have a few i will buy them all and deliver them to ye :p

haha that would be smashing!! I'll be waiting at the doorstep with the doh...:D

well just got home and i have to tell ye i was disappointed. tesco in clare hall didn't have them, they had a sign at the front of the shop saying "no xbox360 orders arrived today", so tried tesco clearwater in finglas but no luck there either. headed into town and went into game on dawson street. there was a queue of about 40 people so joined that. asked a shop assistant if all these people had pre-ordered and he said "no". so was waiting for a few minutes and then the manager came arond and told me and the ~6 in fornt of me that all the consoles were sold out (both core and premium packs) and to try and come back again tomorrow. so near and yet so far, if i had skipped tescos and went straight into game on dawson street i would have scored one easy i reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

I rang HMV henry street and they said they had NONE that were not pre-booked.
    I rang Virgin Liffey Valley and they said they had (for some reason) only been sent 18 xboxs, which had been pre-ordered since January (from before virgin decided not to take pre-orders).
    I rang Virgin in blanchardstown and they said they had just 6, (4 core, 2 premium), and those 6 were first come first serve.

What's the story, surely these stores haven't relly ordered such ridiculously few consoles, are they lying or what??

• Advertisement

wel i was in virgin in blanch this morning, they did have six but they wer elong gone when i arrived :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 wrobel

I got one in Powercity in blanch yesterday. Hadn't preordered and when in to have a look last night I saw one on the shelf. I got the last premium edition they had though they had a another core one left. They said that they started selling them yesterday at 2pm as soon as they recieved them even though they were supposed to wait till today.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭MadMoss

I went to Argos in the square - no deliveries this moring, was told they don't know when and if they will be geting any yet.
    Went to Virgin in the square, they got 6! And they will only be sold to pre-orders, they have 45 preorders to fill and they said they don't expect to have enough before christmas to fill those.
    Ah well, I think a lot of hype was created over a non-existinant "launch"

fair play wrobel, ya chanced your arm and you scored!!!!;)

Powercity mentioned that they will probably get more in next week.

Also 3G in blanch don't do preorders but are expecting 27. Talked to them last night and they said that their delivery did't turn up yesterday but to check back with them every day for the next few days as it is due in.

• Advertisement

yip i was in 3g this morning after 9:30, guy there told me it as bedlam there at opening time. they didnt atke preorders but he had to take names or otherwise the people wouldn't leave?!!?? Madness!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

3G in Blanch just told me they're not actually get any in at all.

koneko, were you the other disappointed punter outside power city in blanch this morning? ;) you are just refusing the give up, aren't you!!!!

Not getting them in at all? Thats wierd they mentioned 27 to me last night and have display boxes in store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Lol yeah, that was me, went by there before work :)

I've given up now though :(

yup i think the trail has run cold.

look at it this way, theres only, what, three decent games out at the moment? (Project gotham, perfect dark zero, call of duty 2) so i am sure we are not missing that much ... right? RIGHT? :( *sniff*

I was planning on turning up to Powercity this morning, however I just happened to be in store last night getting someting else and saw them. I would be pretty pissed off if I had turned up early today to find out that they had sold them out yesterday before the release date.

ah well what can you do. i was going to head down there last night as i am only around the corner in clonee, but then thoought there would be no point. ah well, its not the end of the world, Microsoft will get the money off me eventually!

Advertisement