Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Broadband options in Limerick?

• 18-11-2005 1:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi

I'm moving to the annacotty area in Limerick.

I don't want to give eircom my money, we all know why :)

So I'm looking for a wireless broadband package, which I could hopefully use for VOIP too, but its not essential. Just don't want to install an Eircom Phone Line.

Metro would be my ideal package from its download speed and limit, I know people are still waiting for installs to happen. I emailed digiweb asking if it would be available in my area, got a reply saying unfortunately not :(

Original Message
    Sent: 15 November 2005 13:09
    To: ***************
    Subject: RE:

Hello,
    Unfortunately Annacotty is too far from Limerick to receive the Metro service. As it has just been launched there are no current plans for expansion and it is mainly aimed at urban regions.

Regards,
    Ruairí

So another option seems to be Irish Broadband, but I see loads of problem IBB threads all over boards.ie, so I think that means avoid like bird flu :)

Only other option I'm stuck with seems to be non wireless and getting an Eircom line installed, hoping its broadband compataible, because they don't tell you in advance, and then moving this to esatbt with their bb & line rental pacakge for €40 a month. Hoping I don't have to leave the line rental with Eircom for a certain period of time before I can move it.

Any alternative suggestions? :)

Comments

Advertisement