Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

King Kong format poll

Options
  • 18-11-2005 1:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Looking at PC for niceness but looks more like a console game...

Damn choice!!!!

What to get?

kdjac

What format for monkey ? 21 votes

Xbox
    0% 0 votes
    Ps2
    57% 12 votes
    Pc
    0% 0 votes
    GC
    42% 9 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

I accidentally picked cube instead of pc. I'd say since the game is played mostly in first person the keyboard and mouse is probably the best controls. I'd actually get the cube version myself but that's only because i've been too poor to upgrade my pc the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

What about the 360?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I'll be going for the 360 version anyway...

Oh.. and King Kong isn't a monkey... I happen to know a thing or two about monkeys as it would happen...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

ohhhh this guys a comedian :D;)

I think im gonna get the xbox version if i decide to pick it up. soul calibur 3 is also tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

GameCube if I could find it anywhere, but failing that, Xbox.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭RotalicaV

Can you get a keyboard and mouse for the 360? I ****ing hate the idea of playing an fps with a joypad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

RotalicaV wrote:
    Can you get a keyboard and mouse for the 360? I ****ing hate the idea of playing an fps with a joypad.

they released an adapter for a keyboard & mouse for the xbox so it would probably work for the 360

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,453 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Id be tempted to go for the PC but the demo showed definite console leanings - especially when playing as Kong. Itll be the XBox for me, mainly because id need another memory card for the GC which would add an extra 20 euro to the cost. Thank God for harddrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

GameCube if I could find it anywhere, but failing that, Xbox.
    only the magic of dawson st has that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

So what you’re saying is that, it's not coming out on the Atari Jaguar :confused:

:v:
    CC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

rofl.
    I got a demo of this when I bought a game for the PS2 from game.
    On the demo you do the first person bit, which is a bit like Medal of Honour or something except with a T-Rex trying to catch you and eat you.

And then the Kong fight, which to me, seemed like a rip-off of God Of War's excellent fight system.

All in all, it got a rather fervent yawn from me.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Please be aware this is another pc game with the starforce copy protection system, if your unfortuante like me you may have compatibility problems, check the shops returns policy before rushing out to buy it, Why doesn't ubisoft listen to their customers :(

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

I guess it's worth pointing out that there doesn't seem to be a 'Collectors Edition" on Xbox, only PS2 and PC. Bit of a downer.

Loving the game right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

evad_lhorg wrote:
    only the magic of dawson st has that
    Hate you so much right now :p
    I mean, why should I have to trek into town just to get my GC fix?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Meh, the King Kong game doesn't hold much appeal to me on any of the formats, saw it running in Gamestop on an Xbox and a PS2 and it looks fairly disinteresting to be honest.

Advertisement