Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSP D-pad of doom

• 18-11-2005 3:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭

I both want and fear SFA3 on the psp.

I want it because the game is fantastic on the ps and dc, and this kind of game would suite a handheld.

I fear it because I have played sf2 to death on the psp and I've come very close to placing the psp on the dart tracks in revenge for it yet again doing the wrong bloody moves. Its great fun trying a fireball and punching the air instead. Even if your character is a b/f, u/d merchant you'll still suffer when trying to jump f/b as many times you just jump up, great fun against Ken/Ryu! :mad:

Perhaps its all a sony idea to sell psp replacements due to the projectile/dart stopper nature of the psp after being robbed by shoddy controls.

Well after that rant I think I want more than I fear. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

Perhaps its not the equipment but the person using it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Stoichkov

@ Kristok

Ooohh harsh! :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

I have to agree with the OP. Playing SF2 or MK on the PSP is a pain in the neck.
    Jumping forward and backwards or hitting the analog joystick sending frame skip nuts is a pain in the stones!:v:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,003 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've played Vampire Chronicles and have to say it was an absolute nightmare because the d-pad was so unresponsive for a capcom fighting game. I hope they give the option of using the analog nub instead of the D-pad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Cabelo

Lads, never fear. The problem is that some emus (you can correct me if I'm wrong) has subbed in 8 directional support rather than 16 as on the original SNES.

Myself and the lads got GGXX (any beat 'em up fan will know it's a fwd,dwnfwd,fwd and dragon punch pusher) and I've found the PSP to be perfectly ok. That said I'm noticing more and more differences between my JAP and the EU ones about. Anyone else noticed that the JAP is lighter?

• Advertisement
Advertisement