Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wrist tattoos

Options
  • 18-11-2005 11:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

i want to get a tattoo on my wrist put my veins are very prodominant.

does anybody know if they can go over them or would they have to go around them? ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭RotalicaV

I dunno but tatoos on the forearms, or somewhere very visable like that are just pure pikey in my opinion.

Good luck with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Soupi

well it's gonna be a tiny one and it's one that gonna be special to me but you're entitled to your opinion.

ah that's great,was just a bit worried about it.i'm going into Zulu on sat to enquire about prices and stuff but just wanted to be sure before i went in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭baby*cham*bell

RotalicaV wrote:
    I dunno but tatoos on the forearms, or somewhere very visable like that are just pure pikey in my opinion.

Good luck with it

i think tatoos are nice on wrists or lower arms, far nicer than on your back or hip or upper arm.

well the way i see it is that i can always hid it with a watch or bracelet or a long sleeved top but i do want people to see it too. i have a tattoo on the top of my thigh but it's easily hidden with shorts or hot pants,it was my first one and i only really wanted to hide it from my dad,ha ha!oh to be young again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

Ex girlfriend had a white ink one on the inside of one of her wrists - wasn;t very noticable alot of the time...... she had it done by Mick from Sigma Tau Tattoos....

::: ven0mous :::

yeah i like the white ones but haven't seen enough of them to be sure,need to see more pics to decide

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Just for a heads up zulu won't do white ink. Was in there looking to get some done a couple of weeks ago.

i'll bear that in mind,do you know any good places that do it in case i wanna go for it? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭She-Ra

I have a tat on my inside wrist; veins weren't an issue at all...although one of the guys there(he know's who he is!) started to really take the pi$$ outta me about bursting them trying to freak me out. I love my tattoo now, its special to me and that's all that matters, even though i know for a fact some people aren't fond of it. best of luck and enjoy! :)

• Advertisement

She-Ra wrote:
    I have a tat on my inside wrist; veins weren't an issue at all...although one of the guys there(he know's who he is!) started to really take the pi$$ outta me about bursting them trying to freak me out. I love my tattoo now, its special to me and that's all that matters, even though i know for a fact some people aren't fond of it. best of luck and enjoy! :)

peoples opinions don't bother me,it's not their body,it's mine.

what's your tattoo of? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭SuzyS1972

I have one on my wrist too - A little sorer than other parts but worth it.
    Mick from Stigma tatau did mine also

Its stars surrounded by a smokey effect. it symobilises my gaurdian angels and i always feel like i have them if i need them

SuzyS1972 wrote:
    I have one on my wrist too - A little sorer than other parts but worth it.
    Mick from Stigma tatau did mine also
    I didn't think it was too bad...the one on my back hurt way more!

She-Ra wrote:
    Its stars surrounded by a smokey effect. it symobilises my gaurdian angels and i always feel like i have them if i need them

that sounds really nice i have 3 stars on my thigh and they stand for my physical,mental and emotional being.

the one i wanna get on my wrist will be my auntie's name in arabic,she was really special to me and i like to think she's keeping me from harm.

Soupi wrote:
    that sounds really nice i have 3 stars on my thigh and they stand for my physical,mental and emotional being.

the one i wanna get on my wrist will be my auntie's name in arabic,she was really special to me and i like to think she's keeping me from harm.
    very nice, are ya getting it done today or just going for a chat about it?,gotta get back to work :( post it up if ya can when you get it done.

going in tomorrow to have a chat about it but you never know,i'll put it up if i get it,enjoy work :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 hutchie

I'm booked in next week for a wrist tattoo in swords,can someone post a picture up of theirs please x Tanx!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭feckidyparp

People get tattoos on the wrists and other areas where veins are near the surface all the time. just look at anyone who has a full sleeve. Plus I saw this dudu at a tattoo convention about 2 years ago who was completely tattooed blue. I'm sure his wrists were no problem

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

wot u guys think of blokes with wrist tattoos? itl b inner wrist and not too big, i aint exactly muscley so it wouldnt b too big...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Who cares what we think? It's your skin, your body... YOUR OPINION that matters!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

fair point. i already have one tattoo on my shoulder and plan on gettting another done but was just wondering what ppl thought in general

Bob wrote:
    Who cares what we think? It's your skin, your body... YOUR OPINION that matters!

couldn't have said it better myself Bob, it's not us that will be lookin at it every day or even most days. i went into Zulu and the fella said that they do white ink but that i might have to get it done a few times for it to come up. but i'm fair skinned so shouldn't it come up easily? think i'll just get black or brown writing instead!! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Madmekitty

My first tattoo was a trinity on my wrist, for me it's a symbol for coming to live in Ireland. I didn't think it was that sore getting it.And I absolutely love it and I'm happy that it's visible and I can see it all the time. It's a lot more special to me than the one I got on my shoulder recently, because it reminds me of what it stands for everytime I look at it. I think the wrist is one of the nicest spots to get a tattoo. i might get one on my other wrist,too. But I don't know yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 alfie00

hutchie wrote:
    I'm booked in next week for a wrist tattoo in swords,can someone post a picture up of theirs please x Tanx!;)

Do you know who's doin it? my girlfriend got a henna flower done on her ribs in there during the summer, Mono was the girls name. She's really good and tells you if it won't look good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Mono's not working there anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 hutchie

Tanx lads,done n all mick done it for me,looks well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

She-Ra wrote:

That´s nice. I am into angels a lot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

my second tattoo is on my right wrist, i must admit it was quite painful compared to my back but in the end it was worth it and i still can't stop looking at it :p

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Heres mine thats on my left wrist

21750.jpg

Advertisement