Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SE k750i flashing and firmware and other applications

• 18-11-2005 12:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭

i recently bought the k750i and its a really cool phone. but the problem is is that vodafone absolutly rape any phone they put their software on.

so im interested to hear peoples advice on flashing and firmware cause ive heard peoples phones being a bit screwed up after doing this beacaue of bugs in the firmware up grade such as peoples cameras not working properly etc.

i know there are alot of applicatons that you can get for this phone so im hoping that people would recommend some cause i dont want to be downloading tons of crappy applications that im never gonna use if theres better versions out there.

so any help/advice would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭pauln

Hi, got a K750i myself recently and unlocked and flashed to the original firmware (R1N035). I used this crowd DaVinci Team to do the flashing using the original DCU-60 cable supplied with the phone, cost €10. It was a little bit tricky because their instructions aren't the clearest in the world but got there in the end.
    To unlock it you need a special cable, the one I got and used can be found here and it works with a bit of software I found online.
    I haven't noticed any problems with the phone as of yet, I do remember hearing of problems with a lower revision of the firmware but R1N035 seems fine so far.
    Hope that helps.

Advertisement