Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters of Horror Epp 3

Options
  • 18-11-2005 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭

OK this one was not as good as the other 2 but still good all the same. Its no chainsaw but I was still hoping for a good one from Tobe hooper. Its an new twist on the undead idea set in the post apoplitic world of the near future. I did see the end comming a mile off though and it was more of a mad max story than a horror tale. The secenes in the car with all the colours whizzing by went on too long and felt like filler for the epp. On the up note Bob England AKA freddy was fantastic in his role as the night club owner, " its all in the name of sience " he would say but we knew other wise. Only proving one dosent need a make up job to give a good performance. Worth watching if only for freddy or rather lack off. This has been the worst epp of the 3 but still has its merits.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Second opinion: It was my favourite of the three so far. I really liked post apocalyptic style and I would have liked to see more of that and them roaming the streets. I think Its written by Robert Matheson of I am Legend fame, one of my favourite writers and Billy Coregan does the music for the episode. One thing that has been annoying me about masters of horror have been the effects. I thought they were fairly high budget and the effects would look decent but they look pretty dire...think star trek the next generation style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

I thought the short shooting time and a low budget were meant to be the 2 things which hampered the directors?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I thought the short shooting time and a low budget were meant to be the 2 things which hampered the directors?

Maybe this is true but I heard that they had a few million per episode...Surely that would be enough to get some half decent effects ? They look like something you would see in Star Trek.

Advertisement