Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What needs fixing?

Options
  • 18-11-2005 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

Just wondering what you guys think should be fixed in the patch. (besides anti-cheat of course) The most annoying thing for me is the random weapon-change sound.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Just wondering what you guys think should be fixed in the patch. (besides anti-cheat of course) The most annoying thing for me is the random weapon-change sound.
    Absolutely! What a pain in the ass that can be! Especially when you're the last remaining player of your team. It's the last round. You MUST kill the only guy remaining to win the match. You're sh!tting yourself in the corner of a room and all of a sudden you hear that big loud weapon change noise and what do you know? You've sh!t your pants! :eek:

I also find that sometimes when I change weapons with my mouse (using the wheelie thingy), it doesn't happen straight away (2-3 second delay) or not at all! But then again that could be my mouse... Does that happen to any of you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Cookable nades!

Cookable nades!
    Sorry Spooky, this is actually a serious thread... hehehehe (sarcastic/evil laugh)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

i have noticed on a few of the multiplayer maps guns stick through the walls. Got a few kills that way.

Someone was prone against a wall today and as they turned the rifel went through the wall. I dropped a nade and boom.

i have noticed on a few of the multiplayer maps guns stick through the walls. Got a few kills that way.

Someone was prone against a wall today and as they turned the rifel went through the wall. I dropped a nade and boom.
    Same in CoD1 BrokenArrows...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

wheel mouse for all weapons !!

;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Private_Woods

Im thinkin a more complex multiplayer system. We can all see from games like BF2, CODUO and even castle wolfenstein that a ranking system with squads and a commander is defintely the way to go, but still the original call of duty format should still be kept. Im also hoping for some tweaks to keep the game running more smoothly!!!:o
    That does sound like a hell of a lot for the first patch but im really hoping down the road we get somewhere. Because after the game has lost its novelty the multiplayer is the most important aspect to keep the game alive.
    but do we really want cookable nades? I mean dont ya hate it when you get the kamikaze guy who just runs into you and with the fuse blazing?? not that realistic, far more realistic when you leg it out of a building to save your ass from the 5 second timer.
    I also think a greater charater should be employed for the different weapons you choose. you should assume a better role, each role having different strenghts and weaknesses and an objective to achieve ordered by a commander etc. this would make for a more complex and realistic experience online.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Domination mode , for god sake bring back Domination !

DM & TDM are not for this kinda game , imo .

But do we really want cookable nades? I mean dont ya hate it when you get the kamikaze guy who just runs into you and with the fuse blazing?? not that realistic, far more realistic when you leg it out of a building to save your ass from the 5 second timer.
    Couldn't agree more! But somehow cookable nades have huge fans on boards.ie!? :confused:
    Im thinkin a more complex multiplayer system. We can all see from games like BF2, CODUO and even castle wolfenstein that a ranking system with squads and a commander is defintely the way to go
    I don't see the point of this system... First time I ever encountered such a system was with UO and I didn't really see the point. Fun for FFA I guess but for a clan war...? I don't get it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Im thinkin a more complex multiplayer system. We can all see from games like BF2, CODUO and even castle wolfenstein that a ranking system with squads and a commander is defintely the way to go, but still the original call of duty format should still be kept.

Sweet baby Jesus NO! That would destroy CoD. It wouldnt be cod anymore. The ranking system is one of, if not the worst aspect of Bf2. I dont want another game ruined by ignorant stat whores.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

No ranking system please.
    As for cooked nades i was gutted when they werent included but its far better as it is now.
    A lot more skill in nading now,having to aim ahead and read your target,someone said its a 5 second fuse i think its more like 3 seconds?

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭-( i )- Wicker

Ive just read this on www.allgunsblazing.net
    "Ive been hearing whispers that the first Call of Duty 2 patch will be including four new maps, and they apparently are:
    Harbor

Rarviile

Trenchwar

Bonumb

Would be good to see Harbor in Call of Duty 2."

Cant wait to play harbor again:)

After playing it over the weekend , I thought the hit boxes were a bit on the large side . Seems easier to hit ppl , seems to have taken some of the skill out of it and made it more death matchy style .

Ive just read this on www.allgunsblazing.net
    "Ive been hearing whispers that the first Call of Duty 2 patch will be including four new maps, and they apparently are:
    Harbor

Rarviile

Trenchwar

Bonumb

Would be good to see Harbor in Call of Duty 2."

Cant wait to play harbor again:)
    I knew it was only a question of time before Harbor would be back... Great news anyway! :D

but do we really want cookable nades? I mean dont ya hate it when you get the kamikaze guy who just runs into you and with the fuse blazing?? not that realistic, far more realistic when you leg it out of a building to save your ass from the 5 second timer.

I havent experenced that. Its realistic being able to cook grenades. Thats the way they work.

I used to love seeing someone run into a room. Id take out a nade 1, 2, 3, 4 throw boom.... They have no time to react.

Now if you throw a nade they just run out of the room but then you just gun them down.

Id like to see the nades back in the list with the guns. I dont like pressing g for the grenades.

I dont like pressing g for the grenades.

Do what i do,roll mouse wheel forward for nading,works really well plus rolling forward feels like your throwing the nade :D

I don't like grenade-cooking mods. It's so unrealistic! Like I said before, I would be very surprised to hear accounts of WWII soldiers saying they were holding grenades in their hands, counting to 3 or 4 seconds before throwing them! It's ridiculous... And getting killed by a nade that landed at your feet a split second earlier is, IMO, cheating. No skill involved in that whatsoever... :mad:

I use R3 (click the "scrolly/rolly thingy") for grenades. Works great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭MrShadow

So you think that the soliders would just throw a grenade straight at the enemy without timing it? sounds a bit dumb of them. what stops the enemy from picking it up and throwing back?

I have come across a server with cookable grenades. not sure which one though. cookable grenades means that you can use grenades as a proper weapon as opposed to using them for flushing people out.

http://callofduty.filefront.com/file/CoD2_Cookable_MP_Grenades;49453#Download

Of course its realistic to cook grenades. Like MrShadow said do you think soilders would throw grenades and give the enemy plenty of time to get away, No they wouldnt.

If you want to get into the argument about realism how about the fact that you can jump out of 2 story buildings....

And how exactly would you consider that cheating. It takes skill to time it right when cooking grenades.

I also dont like the grenade indicator. The player should not know where the nade is unless they see it.

And how exactly would you consider that cheating. It takes skill to time it right when cooking grenades.
    Do you really believe that? :eek: It would take a 6 year old less than 2 minutes to "master this art"!

Anyway if you like it, great. There are loads of mods out there for cooking nades. I just don't thing it adds anything to the game...

• Advertisement

Theres more skill in throwing a nade ahead of the target and trying to time it to go boom on impact.
    Cooking nades is so easy tbh,practically zero skill in it.

Dcully wrote:
    Theres more skill in throwing a nade ahead of the target and trying to time it to go boom on impact.
    Cooking nades is so easy tbh,practically zero skill in it.
    Thank you! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭-( i )- Wicker

Somethings gotta be done with that smoke. It looks great but its impossible to shoot with it on the screen, just waaay too much fps lag. I just camp back until the smoke disappears.

I agree 100%! That snoke is soooo demanding! My PC just cannot handle it... :(

Do you really believe that? :eek: It would take a 6 year old less than 2 minutes to "master this art"!

Anyway if you like it, great. There are loads of mods out there for cooking nades. I just don't thing it adds anything to the game...
    \

Cookind nades ads realism, you can cook them in real life. I think nades are useless with out the cook. It makes me laugh when some one tries to kill me with a nade. One comes in the window so I put the kettle on for tea then get out of the room usless really.

\

One comes in the window so I put the kettle on for tea then get out of the room usless really.

So they are not useless as one of two things can happen here . One , you have left an old style kettle on an open fire , the amount of wanten destruction this can do to a kitchen is well known and documented . Or , two , you have left the room because of the nade , your attacker can now enter the room , make tea with the kettle YOU boiled , sit down and Drink his tea while snacking on a kit-kat , then come out refreshed and kill you and your squad .

I find your flipant attitude and your cowardice ( you did run out of the room ) most disturbing and you not want to be squaded with you .

John

Yeah to just run into the ajoining room to wait for the nade to go off and thus speed up the process of boiling the kettle for you to only run back in kill youre attacker and drink tea and laugh at his wasted nade.

jonski wrote:
    So they are not useless as one of two things can happen here . One , you have left an old style kettle on an open fire , the amount of wanten destruction this can do to a kitchen is well known and documented . Or , two , you have left the room because of the nade , your attacker can now enter the room , make tea with the kettle YOU boiled , sit down and Drink his tea while snacking on a kit-kat , then come out refreshed and kill you and your squad .

I find your flipant attitude and your cowardice ( you did run out of the room ) most disturbing and you not want to be squaded with you .

John
    What an awesome, AWESOME post Jonski! :D Excellent! hehehe

lmao Jonski:)

• Advertisement

but when you see the nade and have plenty of time to leave you know someone is comming so you can get your self ready.

On carentan everyone always fills the house that has the machine gun with grenades. All you have to do it sit in a corner and wait for the person who threw it to come bursting into the room.

Advertisement