Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Keane has left United!

• 18-11-2005 1:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

..........By mutual consent. Holy ****!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Just got a phonecall from Manchester to say that a press conference is called in Old Tafford for lunchtime and the talk is that Roy Keanes contract is going to be terminated.

Id imagine take this with a pinch of salt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

Sky sports just said roy keane has left the club by mutual consent???? Is this a joke?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Thats got to be a record - 3 threads created on the exact same topic, at the exact same time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

C'mon Rafa, get in there and sign him. I wish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Source please ?!?!?!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's on SSN now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭SteM

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=326194&cpid=8&CLID=&lid=2&title=KEANE+LEAVES+RED+DEVILS&channel=football_home

More to follow their site says. Apparently there has been a lot of behind the scenes tension between him and Fergie recently.

Edit, it's on the BBC site too....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/4449396.stm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Not surprised really.He is and always has been his own man who makes his decisions for himself.Its a sad end tbh but I think it is best for all involved.It will be interesting to see what follows..who will he play for????will he take the Irish job????

Best of luck Roy

• Advertisement

He is coming home to Cork City!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

Never does things in halves does he?

I'm looking forward to his management career. It promises to be a riot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Incredible. This will either turn around uniteds season or totally kill it.

On BBC Radio 5 they just read out a statement by him. Talking about it now -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/fivelive.shtml?listen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Heh, turns out your contact was right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

gimmick wrote:
    He is coming home to Cork City!!!!

How realistic is that? Nobodys mentioned it, but money is surely no object to him and he is a very proud Cork man. He can both live at home and do wonders for Cork and domestic football by signing for them. Why bother signing for Celtic? Rico should at least make a play for him.

Yeah I would say he will def play for someone after chrstmas. Cant play in champ league though this yr which is his one ambition left to be fulfilled. Maybe an 18 month contract with a european club/? Couldnt see him playing for liverpool, chelsea or arsenal. unless things got really bitter.

He'll join Strachan at Celtic in the new year surely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I hope TheTraitor doesn't make a move for the Ireland job now.

It's time for one of the other leaders at Old trafford to......................

Man utd website just crashed....rofl.....did they not anticipate increased traffic when announcing this????:D

yeah its got to be celtic now that you mention it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Rossonero

If Keane does go to Cork, as unlikely as it is, I would consider him to be among the greatest sportsmen ever, up there with the Maldini's and Baresi. To sacrifice wages for pride and honour. Fair play.
    Hope he doesn't go to Celtic, it would be a waste.

Rossonero wrote:
    If Keane does go to Cork, as unlikely as it is, I would consider him to be among the greatest sportsmen ever, up there with the Maldini's and Baresi. To sacrifice wages for pride and honour. Fair play.
    Hope he doesn't go to Celtic, it would be a waste.

Dont forget Tommasi, I think a few users here are getting him cannonised.

Pigman II wrote:
    I hope TheTraitor doesn't make a move for the Ireland job now.
    Theres always one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

He just doesn't comprimise, does he? It will be very interesting to see where he goes now, and also to see if his managerial career starts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Holy F**k.....that is a shock!!! was going to leave anyway in Summer so why not move on now....he will come to Shef Wed and then have him and Whelan in the middle!! haha!!!

He wont go for the Ireland job...one he wont take it with the people that are still in FAI.....two people in FAI wont have him!!

I can see a move to Celtic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

its has to be Sligo Rovers the only team playing with the spirit and determination that he looks for :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I've very little respect for Keane, but that would change immediately if he were to join Cork City. He could do so good much for Irish football if he did so.

As for the Ireland job, I don't think the players would want him. Many of them didn't want him back as a player, and as a manager it would be unworkable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Sad Sad day tbh. I wish him all the best anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

This could actually be what united need, as it actually forces them to buy his replacement which could help them turn there season around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

All I can say is Holy Sh!t ... no Keano at the club will take some getting used to!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Real Madrid have allegedly approached Keane (or his agent) to sign for the rest of the season (injury permitting) as he is not cup tied in Europe or Spain

He can do this in the January transfer window

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Benedict XVI

To prevent the hassle of moving house he will be partnering Kavanagh in mid field for Wigan after Xmass

yom 1 wrote:
    This could actually be what united need, as it actually forces them to buy his replacement which could help them turn there season around

Hardly, seeing as they can't buy anyone for a month and a half. Season could be over by then.

Unless Ballack does the same at Bayern...........

daveg wrote:
    Sad Sad day tbh. I wish him all the best anyway.

Did someone die? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I've very little respect for Keane, but that would change immediately if he were to join Cork City. He could do so good much for Irish football if he did so.

Dont be ridiculas. Even at 34 he would be like a adult playing with the under 12's if he played in the eircom league. it wouldnt do irish football any good other then raising the profile of one of the teams.

Sponge Bob wrote:
    Real Madrid have allegedly approached Keane (or his agent) to sign for the rest of the season (injury permitting) as he is not cup tied in Europe or Spain

Can't believe he'd uproot his family to a non-english speaking country for the chance of playing a few games for Real...

To prevent the hassle of moving house he will be partnering Kavanagh in mid field for Wigan after Xmass

Nope its a Xabi Alsonso, Gerrard, Keane midfield at Anfield.

Maybe this was a ploy by Fergie....needed to give the players a kick up the ar*e.....get Keane as captain to go onto TV and slate them all......telling them they are all useless and so on....then start to get a good performance out of them and beat Chelsea.....then cancel Keane's contract and make out it is because of the out burst which leave Fergie clean from any repreival!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Very sad day for me. can't even talk about it, disgusted!:( :(

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote:
    Did someone die? :rolleyes:

Not someone, sonething. Football died.In England anyway, he might go introduce football to the Scots. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Ah well these things happen, thank you for Roy for all you have at the club, bring on Michael Ballack.

padser wrote:
    Dont be ridiculas. Even at 34 he would be like a adult playing with the under 12's if he played in the eircom league. it wouldnt do irish football any good other then raising the profile of one of the teams.

Explain that ridiculous assertion please. As unlikely as it is that he will sign for City, its certainly an option/prospect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

padser wrote:

Typical nonsense, and if it was true and Cork won the league then they'd surely make the CL group stages with him in the side. What with an u12 side Shels coming so close, he will surely provide what's needed :)

gimmick wrote:
    Explain that ridiculous assertion please. As unlikely as it is that he will sign for City, its certainly an option/prospect.

Does this have to decend into an Eircom League v PL issue??????? get back on topic!!

gimmick wrote:

He is still a few steps above the EL. Take off the "el is world class" rose tinted specs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

he is quoted this morning saying:

"at the end of the day i wanted to leave to persue a career in international management"*

*i may be lying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Anyone at all get the feeling that maybe just maybe he could be line now for a role as assistant coach or even manager with Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

Stekelly wrote:
    Hardly, seeing as they can't buy anyone for a month and a half. Season could be over by then.

Unless Ballack does the same at Bayern...........

I meant in January -

and their season wont be over even if they are out of europe and the title race as it would be vital that united qualify for the champions league next year.

Actually if a player has no contract can he sign outside the deadline?? I think that was what abel xavier did with boro this season- although i could be very wrong about that!

Sponge Bob wrote:

He's cup tied for this season. He played for an hour against Debrecen in the 1st leg of the qualifier. In other words this rumour is a load of bollox.

• Advertisement
Advertisement