Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Keane has left United!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

I was watching sky news at lunch time and it really pissed me off that the only footage they kept looping of the best midfielder of our time was the tackle on haaland. Typical gutter news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

WDK wrote:
    Lol great to see a moderator trying to tease an insult out of the naive poster. Well I am not going to stoop your level and insult you so that you can ban me from the soccer forum. I may talk sh!t but I am not an idiot.

I'm not trying to tease anything out of you. If i wanted to you would know about it. I simply pointed out that what you posted was a complete contradiction of what you said 2 weeks ago. And its that type of attitude from so called Man Utd fans that makes me sick. Which you then came back with an even worse answer.
    So please explain oh person that doesnt insult what is my level then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Lol talla lets leave it at that shall we.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭ali.g

I'm not trying to tease anything out of you. If i wanted to you would know about it. I simply pointed out that what you posted was a complete contradiction of what you said 2 weeks ago. And its that type of attitude from so called Man Utd fans that makes me sick. Which you then came back with an even worse answer.
    So please explain oh person that doesnt insult what is my level then?

talla you are such a wanker how the **** did a tosser like you become moderator

You've made an accusation that i was trying to get you banned, so no i don't think so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

ali.g wrote:

Personal insults!!! why??? wasnt even your discussion!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

im in shock.

this is the one player i have idolised over the years. for his united career to come to an end like this is very sad indeed. im not sure if we'll ever know exactly what happened but this is a sad day.

the king is dead long live the king.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

the king is dead long live the king.

If the king is dead then how can he live long???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Big Nelly wrote:

You should probably read more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Big Nelly wrote:
    theres only one keano ,theres only one keano ,
    KEANO

i shed a tear when i heard

what a legend

long live the king

mutual agreement my hole :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

My mate(spurs fan) just sent me a mail saying "bet you feel great that Luis Garcia ended Keano's United career" - tbh never even thought about it- but it is a little funny:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Dustaz wrote:
    You should probably read more.

i thank you for your support, kind sir!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Keane said on an MUTV interview after that game that it was a tackle from Gerrard that caused the injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭SteM

Nunu posted on the RK transfer thread and I thought I'd post it here because it made me realise why I'll miss Keane....
    Bayern Munich have long been admirers and even at this stage of his career would still be interested. He could be a Lothar Matthaeus type figure who was at the club in his mid to late 30's. But, as said already would Keane move abroad with a young family. In my mind it would be a great move for professional reasons.

I think that's what I'll miss about Keane leaving the club the most. It's the fact that he was a figure head rather than the player he had become.

Hindsight's great I know but I would love him to have been moved back into central defence when his legs started going. I think a partnership of him and Rio could have been great, having someone like Keane beside him might have meant that Rio would be less prone to lapses in concentration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

keano was and always will be a legend

He will be sadly missed and this will lead to the demise of ferguson

The outcry from fans will be huge

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Big Nelly wrote:
    Knew I was right!!! apologies on a post card!!

just for you nelly , a postcard

ali.g wrote:

Thanks you for your valuable contribution. Please call again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

Roy the boy was a true legend for United, truly one of the games 'greats', the fact that the board were dragging their feet over a new contract only speeded roys departure. I think he really wanted to play even on a one yr extension for the reds.

I really hope Celtic come in with an offer for Keano, he still has a lot to offer football.

talla wrote:
    Thanks you for your valuable contribution. Please call again.
    Great to see when other people get involved in other people conversations lol, kinda somes up what I was thinking but it certainly wasnt what I would say to a mod.

No problem Big Willy, your opinion means a lot to me.

• Advertisement

talla wrote:
    No problem Big Willy, your opinion means a lot to me.
    Lol talla its been a long time since I have been called that on here Talla, my opinions ya what my slightly disjointed/contradictory ones ya.

WDK wrote:
    Lol talla its been a long time since I have been called that on here Talla, my opinions ya what my slightly disjointed/contradictory ones ya.

As much as it might be a problem for someone with a wrestler in their sig, could you try speaking english?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Dustaz wrote:
    As much as it might be a problem for someone with a wrestler in their sig, could you try speaking english?

Brilliant post, a dead wrestler at that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

cant wait for gift grub tomorrow!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Has something happened?

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

He was leaving at the end of the season one way or another so not too big a shock only the timing.He was probably uniteds best player through their recent successful period and will go down as one of uniteds all time greats.

A legend true of the name.

Dustaz wrote:
    Excuse me the restler I have in my sig is in memory of a great man who sadly lost his life on Sunday last. It is tribute to him , if that is ok with you of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

Shame to see Roy go. No man wil ever be ever to fill his shoes.

An inspirational leader, a perfectionist and an irishman :D

Will leave a gaping hole in Man Utd. which I hope can be filled, which will probably need 2 players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

mike65 wrote:
    Has something happened?

Mike.
    THE END IS NIGH!

WDK wrote:
    Its great the way you to love point out what others have said with ure apparent ability to search, good job jeez you actually maybe deserving of an award Talla.

Round of applause please for the the moderator who does his homework. Bravo!

No Point getting sarky with talla for highlighting such hypocracy. Someone else would have done like wise if talla had not.;)

Sad day for United fans , I wish Roy all the best and thank him for his services to United. I await to hear what keane has to say himself in the weeks ahead before jumping to any conclusions but many United fans will be very unhappy if he was pushed, (my own opinion would be that he left because there was no sign of a new contract). If ther is any positives from todays announcement it is That he had to be replaced as his best days are behind him and his departure will free up 120k a week to finance a top quality replacement.

I may be wide of the mark but I wonder does his departure clear the way for Viera to arrive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I don't suppose City can sign him on time for the game tonight?:o

I'm still shocked by this, not by him leaving so much, but the timing most definately.
    Thanks for all the service Roy:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

The Muppet wrote:
    THE END IS NIGH!

I may be wide of the mark but I wonder does his departure clear the way for Viera to arrive.

Dont want him!
    Just watch the tunnel bust up again and you'll be the same!

besty wrote:
    Dont want him!
    Just watch the tunnel bust up again and you'll be the same!

Never said I wanted him, I am Just wondering if there are "unknown" reasons for what happened today.

Hmmmmm, Viera crossed my mind too along with Ballack of course, there was a daft story in the tabloids about an approach for Gerrard which would make me laugh.

Still all this is in the future (Jan at earliest), what do Man Utd do between now and then? They have two vital CL games coming up and both are potential banana skins. I don't see who will boss the midfield and control the flow.

On Viera if that were to happen then Ruud would be out the door. Another problem to solve upfront then.

Can Fergie survive much longer? If I were the owner of Utd I'd be mucho worried (if I understood the nature of football!).

Mike.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

All I have to say is that I am gutted. United have lost the heartbeat of their team and the only two men left whp look to have the passion for United are injured at the moment, Neville and Heinze.

Keane has been a great servant for United and fully deserves his legendary status from United fans. I fully expect the United fans to sing his name for years to come ala Cantona. He will be missed, but hopefully he'll be back in the future.

What worries me is when I look at the team and see players like Ferdinand, Ronaldo, Richardson etc. Who'll give them the kick up the arse that they need week in week out on the pitch? Who'll bring them down a peg or two when they are on one of their ego trips? United has been dying slowly over the years, could this be the final nail in the coffin?

A sad sad day. :(

Why would viera move to utd? He moved away from Arsenal purely to win the champions league. Utd are in no place to think about that at the moment (Liverpools win notwithstanding)

• Advertisement

Who has captained Utd while Keanes been out?

Mike.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Van Nistelrooy, Scholes, Park etc.

None of them are leaders, Neville would be a good captain for United.

mike65 wrote:

Can Fergie survive much longer? If I were the owner of Utd I'd be mucho worried (if I understood the nature of football!).

Mike.

The yank forcibly took my united shares so if he's worried now that doesn't bother me.

I think Fergie is safe once he has been fair to Keane, We all knew his replacement needed to be brought in this season. If it transpires that Keano was shafted then thats a different matter and one which fans could get very angry over. As I said in my original post I will wait to see what transpires in the coming weeks before commenting. Keane has always been forthright in expressing himself so I'm sure the complete story behind his departure will be revealed in time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

id say neville will get the arm band now, when hes back playing that is. Sad day, hope him all the best anyway in the future

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Fergie will be judged on two things imo, results and Keane's replacement. Ballack is leaving germany for sure and I reckon he's on his way to Utd but who knows. As for the results, well Fergie's side is looking very ordinary apart from Rooney and without Keane cleaning things up at the back I think they will suffer badly.

This is a turning point for Utd and they can go 2 ways imo, move on and build a new team around Rooney that will be able to challenge Chelsea or try and rely on the young players coming through and fall further behind Chelsea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

The Muppet wrote:
    The yank forcibly took my united shares so if he's worried now that doesn't bother me.

Mine too !!
    If it transpires that Keano was shafted then thats a different matter and one which fans could get very angry over.

A regrettable situation if it transpires that way.

Thanks for everything Roy - You are a legend who will have his name mentioned with respect by all United Fans for years to come.

ZEN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

Id imagine they must have someone lined up for january and possibly some targets/ someone lined up for the summer...

Wonder how the injury is.....maybe it had some say in whether he stayed till end of season...... then again maybe he was insulted with the united offer and had a huff!

Amazing player, wont be replaced...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

So thats another great player Sir Alex has fallen out with.
    Add to the list of Kanchelskis,Ince,Schmeichel,Cantona,Beckham,Stam.
    I cant think of any other manager who has fallen out with so many top players.
    Anyone who thinks Ballack will end up at Man Utd is codding themselves.
    He wont go there.
    Far too many more attractive clubs to go to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

I've only heard this news now, I'm pretty much speechless. I'm going to listen to BBC Radio Five Live now, cheers to dublindude for the link.

God only knows how this will effect United's season now. Do they take this on board, grow and strengthen themselves as a unit in th aftermath of this, or will they just fall apart? They've shown enough this season to make me think that option #2 isn't as far fetched as it once was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

ali.g wrote:

Banned, do not come back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Stunned. As a young Liverpool fan, I have to admit that Keane was a great, great player... shame to see it all end with a 'back door exit' like this though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

NoelRock wrote:
    Stunned. As a young Liverpool fan, I have to admit that Keane was a great, great player... shame to see it all end with a 'back door exit' like this though...

Agreed. He's up there with Dalglish and McGrath as the best players I've seen play 'in the flesh'.
    'twill be an interesting weekend. It's Friday night, so plenty of time for the journos to get the scoop for Sunday morning rags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

What will he get upto now?
    Rumors of Celtic (if they can afford him)
    Other then that he will go into management or play on the continent for a season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

It feels like a family member has died. This is not the way I wanted him to end his time at man u. And everything looked rosey after the chelsea game. Even still, before and after that game there has always been a feeling of discontend behind the scenes.
    Who am i meant to be angry with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

WDK wrote:
    Disillusioned are u for real mate Gary has been a stalwart for us in that position and he also has the passion for the club to make him a good leader.

Besides go back to talking about your own team before you cast aspertions on the single greatest team in the premier league since its introduction.

The best thing to ever happen to Gary Nevilles career was Rob Jones retireing through injury.

• Advertisement
Advertisement