Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paddy Power 'on the drift'

• 18-11-2005 1:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭

Not strictly solely on the topic of Horse Racing but definitely relative and as I see it add value to the fourm so I'm plonking it up.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

Don't you just feel so sorry for them.

I would guess the main reasons for the impact on profits are the number of Irish winners during the year, not just at Cheltenham but at Aintree and in a lot of the big flat races across the water.

The increasing use of exchanges is also sure to have made a dent in profits. Paddy Power needs to cut margins on horse racing especially in Ireland or they can expect profits to keep decreasing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭sector

That was front page news on the Irish Times business section, profit warning.

agreed with masterk on a review of their margins, i guess they lack someone with bottle to say it in a meeting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Lads I think it's only right that we have a whip round for them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

fade2black wrote:
    How about we donate all prizes from the tipping competition to them.

Another reason for their past profitability is their reliance on the so called mug betting shop punter who just backs whoever the Sun tip up and has no real knowledge of the sport, with more widespread use of the Internet and vastly more information available a lot more people are becoming more educated in the sport.

Even the mug punters have been having a good time of it by following tipster such as Pricewise, so now even their most profitable customers are taking their money.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭TwistsAndTurns

Originally Posted by fade2black

I know what whip I`ll take around.............:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭finnpark

Online gambling is costing these a fortune.

Betfair is cost all bookmakers a fortune every day. Why would you ever back online with Paddypower when Betfair gives better odds and early prices on all races etc.

Also, punters are able to make more money online as they wait to see the betting before the off for every race from the comfort of their own home. Punters are getting more clever for the bookie all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

good time to buy shares in Paddy power?

Advertisement