Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Omg Omg Omg Omg!!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

time to end the flayvon debate right here

Star Trek has Main Deflector Dishes, they win

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

startrek also had copy and paste episodes, cardboard characters, overused technobabble.

Dont get me wrong i like trek for the simple reason you can watch any episode and enjoy it. But it falls short by a long mile in the overlying story department.

Bablyon 5 had no real reliance on technobabble, flashy effects and it had a solid cast. The only thing i have against it is there are very few episodes that can be watched as a once off. But i am willing to sit through an entire series as a marathon viewing purely for the story arc which is superb. (ask my flatmates i did it for series 1-5 mmmmmm dvd boxed edition)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

jaggeh wrote:
    bla bla bla, B5 > ST bla bla bla

all well and good but main deflector dishes cant be beaten, i mean they do everything. "captain, theres the borg" "use the main deflector dish", "captain, the holograms have come to life and are taking over the ship!" "use the main deflector dish"

cant be beaten.... its even better then the force

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Jazzy wrote:
    all well and good but main deflector dishes cant be beaten, i mean they do everything. "captain, theres the borg" "use the main deflector dish", "captain, the holograms have come to life and are taking over the ship!" "use the main deflector dish"

cant be beaten.... its even better then the force
    LOL......its so true.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Got to agree the cgi in b5 was great and frankly much better than star treks efforts at the time untill Ds9 third season they also had better race development Earth/narn haveing to buy/steal technology from the centarie (sp?) in order to catch up stuff like that .....

Was a good show.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,672 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

IIRC the B5 CGI was done with Amigas with video toaster's

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

the pilot was done using amiga tech afaik but it got a hell of a lot better, very quickly see death walker or Signs and Portents in the first series

Advertisement