Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Looking for a nice car for about 2k

Options
  • 18-11-2005 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

I am in a constant state of thinking of changing my car. I bought an MG ZS last summer and even though I've been very happy with it I have bullin' notions of changing it again...?

Basically my wife will want to get a new car in the new year. She likes to have a new car and sure if that's what she wants, then who am I to disagree. Due to a change in my work I will not be doing nearly as much mileage come January as I do now so there is no need for the two of us to have good cars.

So to cut a long story short.... I'm thinking of selling my car (I reckon I should get 9 to 10 K for it... 8 at worst) and buying something for about 2k. Then put the difference towards changing Mrs BnA's car in January.

My question is I suppose what should I buy. Because my mileage has gone down a lot I don't need to be as practical (But I won't go mad either). I was thinking about an early 90's Celica. I saw a 93 in the buy and sell for 2K. That looked like good value to me. Anyone any other ideas about what I could look for....?

Comments

Advertisement