Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

o2 Webtext on PDA?

• 18-11-2005 2:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

I've just taken delivery of a Dell Axim x51v with Windows Mobile 5.0

However the version of Pocket Internet Explorer shipped with it does not support iFrames.
    o2's webtext on their website requires iFrames.

Is there another way to access webtext?

I saw some scripts running on kerrypages, tech review and UCD netsoc a few years ago that let you send texts directly from their websites. This may be a solution (I have access to a server).

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
    rabbit

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Perhaps this will work, its not within a frame
    HTREETREEps://apps.o2.ie/NASApp/Portal/Login?username=YOURUSERNAME&password=YOURPASSWORD&referrer=https://apps.o2.ie/NASApp/redirects/grouptext/webtext.jsp

Just replace your password and username in the URL, :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭White Rabbit

Cabaal - I want to have your babies:v: ! - that works perfectly!

Half the justification for buying the unit rested on this (foolishly I never tested).

Damn, I feel happy now!

rabbit:)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Cabaal - I want to have your babies:v: ! - that works perfectly!

Half the justification for buying the unit rested on this (foolishly I never tested).

Damn, I feel happy now!

rabbit:)

Glad it worked :)

Another great use for it, is add it as a bookmark to firefox,
    Go into the bookmark properties and tick "Load this bookmark in the sidebar"
    Bang, you got a nice handy txt bar that does not affect webpages your looking at when you want to txt somebody :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

I don't get it do you type that url into your PDA on into your pc browser? I would like to send webtexts via my pda also.

Can you post more specific details please? thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

endplate - just type that URL (proberly best to book mark it after you've set it up!) into your address bar on your PDA/PC. Then sub in your username and your password where it says it in the link.

So, if your username was "marysmith" and your password was "somethingsecret" then your link would be:
    ht-tps://apps.o2.ie/NASApp/Portal/Login?username=marysmith&password=somethingsecret&referrer=https://apps.o2.ie/NASApp/redirects/grouptext/webtext.jsp
    (remove the "-" so it reads "https" at the start.
    Hope that makes more sense!

• Advertisement

Cheers I'll give that a go when I get a chance

Lads I tried it but it came up with an error for browser is an older version so it didn't appear properly is it possible to download a updated versionof pocket pc internet explorer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

Try NetFront 3.3 - it's on preview edition until the end of the year, I think (or end of November? I can't remember):

http://nfppc.access.co.jp/english/about_v33.html

There's a download link at the bottom of the page. Much better than the supplied IE - I can log into my bank account with NetFront, for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

You say you have access to a server?

Set up o2sms from mackers. (google it)

Use PocketPuTTy to login to the server and use it as normal and you're a happy camper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭IDM

Great stuff, Cabaal.

Funny thing has been happening on and off these past few days. For some reason it's saying I have -1 text messages remaining & all my contacts & groups have disappeared. It freaked me out at first, but then the contacts reappeared about 20 mins later as well as the proper text count. Has this been happening to anyone else ? It's doing it again for me at the moment.

Edit: 2 minutes later, it's back to normal. Weirdness ...

• Advertisement

IDM wrote:
    Great stuff, Cabaal.
    Funny thing has been happening on and off these past few days. For some reason it's saying I have -1 text messages remaining & all my contacts & groups have disappeared. It freaked me out at first, but then the contacts reappeared about 20 mins later as well as the proper text count.

I had exactly the same problem yesterday morning, very annopying and abit freaky alright
    All back to normal now so its ok :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭IDM

Cabaal wrote:
    I had exactly the same problem yesterday morning, very annopying and abit freaky alright
    All back to normal now so its ok :D

Any idea if the texts I sent while the site was acting funny still went through ?

IDM wrote:
    Any idea if the texts I sent while the site was acting funny still went through ?

I sent my gf a text while it was showing -1 and I don't believe she received it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

Since O2 have updated their website recently...

Does anyone know the new URL for accessing the webtxt page directly from O2 like what was shown in a post above this one?

Advertisement