Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any BroadBand users from Lusk?

• 18-11-2005 3:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭

Ice Comms are telling me their coverage is limited in Lusk, while eircom said they will install a line but can't guarantee it will be able to connect to the nearest exchange in Rush.

I've recently moved into the Chapel Farm estate in Lusk and was wondering if anyone near this area has broadband and if so who are they with.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭vsat

broadband by satellite,
    76cm antenna,
    hellasat,
    gilat modem,
    speed from 256 up/512 down.

works very well.

www.digiweb.ie :v:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭revileandy

Cheers, but thats geared for business really

It's over €1000 just to get the equipment and have it installed! Then €99 a month for a 512k service

Any other suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 gee-em

revileandy wrote:
    Ice Comms are telling me their coverage is limited in Lusk.......I've recently moved into the Chapel Farm estate

Of all places in Lusk, Chapel Farm is probably best located as it is to the south of the village and has pretty much LOS to Swords. Are they going to sent an "engineer" out to do a site survey?
    revileandy wrote:
    while eircom said they will install a line but can't guarantee it will be able to connect to the nearest exchange in Rush.

A friend in that estate is currently looking to get connected to Eircom or BT for BB so i'll let you know how they get on in time.

I'm moving there myself in a couple of months so would be interested to hear how you get on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭revileandy

Of all places in Lusk, Chapel Farm is probably best located as it is to the south of the village and has pretty much LOS to Swords. Are they going to sent an "engineer" out to do a site survey?

A friend in that estate is currently looking to get connected to Eircom or BT for BB so i'll let you know how they get on in time.

I'm moving there myself in a couple of months so would be interested to hear how you get on.

Cheers for that, Ice comms said they would send an engineer out if I filled out the online form (which is basicaaly a 12 month contract!). I didn't fill it out in the end as, after trying for a week to get throught on the phone, they didn't really seem that bothered and went on the whole speel about being very busy at the moment, won't be able to get an engineer out for another week or two etc. Just sounded rubbish to be honest.

I'd be interested to see how eircom/bt pans out for your friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 gee-em

revileandy wrote:
    Cheers for that, Ice comms said they would send an engineer out if I filled out the online form (which is basicaaly a 12 month contract!).......

I'll try to get some more info on these guys to see how good/bad they are, but from your experiences they seem like a non-runner really.
    revileandy wrote:
    I'd be interested to see how eircom/bt pans out for your friend.

He managed to get Eircom BB installed without any hassle from them and says it is working fine at the moment.

• Advertisement
Advertisement