Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eugene - What the hell?

• 18-11-2005 3:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

The following has been posted on WWE.com:

"Nick 'Eugene' Dinsmore was rushed to the hospital last night in Manchester.

He has since been released from the hospital, sent home and suspended indefinitely. WWE.com will have more details as they become available."

Suspended indefinitely? What the hell hapenned?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

That's very strange.. Most obvious explanation would be that he got into a fight, hurt himself, and is now being punished. He doesn't seem like the aggressive type though. Something like this always happens on the UK tours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I read a story about him getting heat at a house show a while ago when a fan said to him "You can do better than this" and he broke character and replied, "I know".

This story sounds like he got involved in a fight with a fan. It will be interesting to hear how it plays out. It could be a storyline but I doubt it at this point in time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

According to reports, he wrestled Rob Conway yesterday at the Manchester show. It was said to be a comedy match in which he lost. Nothing else was noted. So whatever happened with Eugene, it was outside the ring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Hopefully we will never have to see this Eugene character again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Nick Dinsmore is a good wrestler though. Better than a lot of the new talent that were brought through. Hopefully it isnt the end of Nick Dinsmore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

According to PWInsider:
    We don't have much in the way of details where the Eugene situation is concerned but I have been told by one source on the European tour that "when a guy is taken to the hospital then sent home and suspended, the reason is very most probably exactly what you would think it is." I won't say any more than that at this time, but I think the message there is pretty clear

Hmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

My first thought was drugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yak_kadafi

agreed^^
    if it was an indident it would have been in the tabloids already like last time when the raw guys scuffled with the mixed martial arts guys at the hotel..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Storm106

from wrestleview.com

In another update regarding Nick "Eugene" Dinsmore, any reports stating that he was involved with a bar fight that led to his WWE suspension is completely false. From what is understood at this point, Dinsmore passed out and was then hospitalized after the WWE event in Manchester. Upon his release from the hospital, he was sent home and suspended. There remains no word at this time regarding his future with WWE at this time.

Doesn't sound too good.. I was really looking forward to when he debuted, I'd seen him on Heat and Velocity a good few times and he was one of the few who really impressed me. One match in particular from about 2 years ago was excellent, when he fought Benoit on Velocity. I enjoyed the Eugene character at the start, but I feel it's been a bit of a waste of Nick Dinsmore

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

Probably a drug that the WWE doesnt allow?

Ah no, WWE allows most drugs....

I'd say it was just him gettin pissed and passing out

Fozzy wrote:
    Ah no, WWE allows most drugs....

I'd say it was just him gettin pissed and passing out

if that was the case i think it would have been in the tabloids and i havent heard anything at all from anyone yet about it being in the tabloids

I'd be more of the opinion that if he had been taking drugs that it'd be in the tabloids

Fozzy wrote:
    I'd be more of the opinion that if he had been taking drugs that it'd be in the tabloids

i would think that if he had taken drugs...the wwe could just say that he was suspended and not give a reason.......kept it within the company instead of leaking it...wherelse elsewhere in a bar if it was that he got drunk or something...the public would be rushing to get to the nearest tabloid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

Sorry for going off topic, but Im trying to find articles relating to this:
    if it was an indident it would have been in the tabloids already like last time when the raw guys scuffled with the mixed martial arts guys at the hotel..
    When did this happen? What was the outcome?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

Unpossible wrote:
    Sorry for going off topic, but Im trying to find articles relating to this:

When did this happen? What was the outcome?

This happened on the last UK tour. WWE booked the same hotel that was being used for an exhibition by a Muay Thai organisation (featuring World class UK Muay Thai fighters). After the exhibition, alcohol was consumed. Then, when the WWE lads were checking in, a few of the Thai boxers started giving the wrestlers stick about wrestling being 'fake', which as you can imagine didn't go down too well. Apparently, a scuffle broke out in which men were thrown at tables etc. From the reports i read, the WWE guys (who were far bigger) held their own. Dont think anyone was injured and only minor damage was done to the hotel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

man I'd love to see a video of that fight.

On topic though, how would they get rid of the Eugene character and still have the guy that plays him doing shows? "oops it turns out we were wrong & eugene isnt simple afterall", doesnt seem to cut it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Eugene could do the most fantastic Heel turn in history. Have him team up with a face ( Cena ) when he loses the title. Have him help Cena out in his attempts to get the title back, only to double cross him at a major event like SUmmerslam just as he is about to win his title back. Have him beat Cena down, then get on the Mic and call out Eric, Regal etc and slate them for ever believing he was simple, have him turn on the American crowd that loves him and laugh at them for being so stupid.

"Who the hell is so simply know? I can;t believe it was so easy to fool you and earn your pity. You disgust me" etc, then give him a good play with Cena and you could even have Eric pretend that he was in on it or something.

Genius??? I think so.

Vince, give me a job writing your story lines, i swear to god your ratings will sky rocket!

• Advertisement

This happened on the last UK tour. WWE booked the same hotel that was being used for an exhibition by a Muay Thai organisation (featuring World class UK Muay Thai fighters). After the exhibition, alcohol was consumed. Then, when the WWE lads were checking in, a few of the Thai boxers started giving the wrestlers stick about wrestling being 'fake', which as you can imagine didn't go down too well. Apparently, a scuffle broke out in which men were thrown at tables etc. From the reports i read, the WWE guys (who were far bigger) held their own. Dont think anyone was injured and only minor damage was done to the hotel.

It was actually fans, not professional kickboxers who were involved. No self discerning martial artist would do this, he would lose his backing and not be allowed to fight professional if anything came of it.

Dragan wrote:
    It was actually fans, not professional kickboxers who were involved. No self discerning martial artist would do this, he would lose his backing and not be allowed to fight professional if anything came of it.

Woops, my mistake. I read the tabloid version that said tables were overturned. As far as i can remember, the paper said that the lad mentioned in the PWI artical, Kash Gill was involved- it seems that he had nothing to do with it and actually tried to sort things out with the WWE people.

Sorry, my bad. F***in tabloids!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Looks like it was drugs

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/eugene
    Last week in Manchester, England, Nick “Eugene” Dinsmore was immediately rushed to a nearby hospital after he was found passed out in a hotel lobby.

After regaining consciousness, Dinsmore admitting to taking Somas and other prescription medication. As a result of the incident, he was sent home from the WWE International tour and suspended indefinitely.

Since returning home, Dinsmore has agreed to seek professional help. He flew to an undisclosed location, where he will spend the next two weeks being evaluated at a drug rehabilitation facility.

Does anybody know how long he has been wrestling in his career?

It would be strange for him to have such a problem and have it related to the job if he has had a short career.

According to obsessedwithwrestling.com, he debuted in 97, which means he has been going 8 years (apparently he is 30). Dinsmore spent nearly 6 years in OVW while less talented men came in and got called up before him. Dinsmore was ready back in 2001 (at least i thought so when i saw footage of him from back then), but was ignored for some reason, thought to be his poor mic skills, lack of charisma, and average physique.

It must be noted that Nick is a very talented wrestler who is completely held back by his gimmick. With this incident having occured, he may never get his chance to perform to his full ability on the big stage.

Dragan, what you were saying is spot on with what I've been thinking for ages about a heel turn for Eugene. I saw him wrestle a good few times before the Eugene gimmick and I was very impressed, so I'm sure he could hold his own if he were given a big push like that. He's obviously very comfortable on the mic, so I'm sure he could get the fans against him. A bit like the angle with CM Punk winning the title in ROH this year (one of the best angles EVER)

I hope Nick/Eugene gets through this. He's too talented to go to waste

Yeah, he is a very talented wrestler, it's a shame talent alone is not enough to appreciate in the business!!! Yeah right!

Advertisement