Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Kilmacanogue ?

• 18-11-2005 5:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭

Hey, I'm trying to sort out a mate of mine who shares a house with a few people for some broadband. Since 4 or 5 of them would be sharing the cost he says hes willing to pay up to 150€ a month, if he gets a bitching service for that price.

Anyone know if any of the wireless companies cover kilmacanogue? I put his number into the eircom DSL checker and it failed, is this a reliable indication that he can't get DSL ? Any other alternatives anyone can recommend? I tried checking IBB's coverage maps but all their wicklow coverage seems to have disppeared...

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

To my knowledge it's ADSL or nothing and if Eircom says no that usually means no. What exchange are they on do you know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

check out http://broadband.gov.ie for a list of providers in any area!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Mr_Man

Point your mate to the www.bb4ne-wicklow.info site. This is the webpage for the GBS which will be bringing BB to Kimac within the next 6 weeks or so. If your mate registers his interest then I'm sure he'll get more detail on the packages which will be available.

HTH

M.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Cheers for the help guys, I'll get him to put his vote down for bb4newicklow, and ring up eircom hassling them to give him DSL.

Advertisement