Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Storage Heating

Options
  • 18-11-2005 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭

Anybody know how to reset the timer for Goldshield electric heating. There's nothing over at the ESB site about it and I can't for the life of me get through to them on the phone today.

Our storage heating is charging during the day instead of during the nightsaver hours. We live in an apartment block and there's a meter in the communal electric cupboard that I assume is the nightsaver meter (as it's about 8 hours out) but it's wired shut (don't know if that means if I'm allowed to touch it or not).

If anyone has had similar problems and knows how to resolve this, let me know.

Ta

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

Tazz T wrote:
    Anybody know how to reset the timer for Goldshield electric heating. There's nothing over at the ESB site about it and I can't for the life of me get through to them on the phone today.

Our storage heating is charging during the day instead of during the nightsaver hours. We live in an apartment block and there's a meter in the communal electric cupboard that I assume is the nightsaver meter (as it's about 8 hours out) but it's wired shut (don't know if that means if I'm allowed to touch it or not).

If anyone has had similar problems and knows how to resolve this, let me know.

Ta

you need to ring the esb to sort that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Yes, the timeclock is sealed by the ESB and you should not break the seals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

with standard nightsaver everything in your apartment including sockets ,lights etc. is normally cheap rate at nite so you may inadvertantly be benefitting from cheap rate electric during the daytime although your storage heating is 'out of sync'.it's their loss anyway happens often enough

Advertisement