Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moped Question

Options
  • 18-11-2005 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭

My brother has got a moped at the moment, he is only 15. He will be going 15 in the next few weeks. He cannot wait to get on the road with it, he wants to be able to drive it on his birthday. Is it possible to apply for your license before you are 16, so you will have it for the day, what way does the insurance work, can he apply for it before the birthday. Or can he on his birthday apply for it on the day and use the bike on the same day?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Has he gotten any insurance quotes - he'll be paying an arm and a leg!!! I don't think he can apply for the provisional until he's turned 16. He can go in and apply on his birthday and they'll give him a receipt which will be as good as the licence until it comes in the post. He'll need to do the theory test first thou - check out http://oasis.gov.ie/transport/motoring/provisional_motorcycle_driving_licences_in_ireland.html?search=driving+licence

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Cheers, thanks very much. That will help a lot. I am thinking of getting him a neon light for underneath the bike, I seen one in town the other day. Does anyone else know were I can get one, shops or websites.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 34,691 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

You might be better off getting him a decent pair of bike gloves, or a lesson or two...

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Advertisement