Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

El Classico - Real Madrid v Barcelona (may contain scores)

• 18-11-2005 8:13pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So its one of the biggest games in the world tomorrow night at the Bernabeu when Real Madrid take on Barcelona. Barcelona have been in fantastic form of late as they are unbeaten in 11 games and have scored 18 and conceded just once in their last 5 games. But as we all know form doesnt really come into it when these sides meet.

The good news for Madrid is that Ronaldo is fit and will play. This means Baptista will more than likely be on the bench.

This will be a very hostile encounter and Samuel Etoo can expect to be booed throughout the whole match after singing those songs slagging off his previous club when Barcelona won the league. Madrid fans are not likely to forget it.

I am expecting a brilliant game between two of the best sides out there.The attacking talent that will be on display is something else and it really is one of the biggest games that there is. I expect it to be a tight game but it will certainly have goals in it. Barcelona to nick it by the odd goal I think

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

if it was in the Nou Camp, i think barcelona would dominate the match, winning by about 3. But the bernabeu....hmmm, i go for a score draw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

I am looking forward to this , hopefully it will be the highlight of the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Impossible to call. I hope Barca win, but can't see it in the Bernabeu. I'd predict a draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

Hope it'll be a thriller!! 4-3 to barca, well thats what i hope for!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

What TV channel will be covering it? Anyone know of a pub it would deffo be on in?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

DapperGent wrote:
    What TV channel will be covering it? Anyone know of a pub it would deffo be on in?

Its on Sky Sports coverage at 6.30.

Should be good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Can't wait. I think most normal footie pubs will have it on I suppose but I don't want to get comfy in one and then have some **** switch on the ****ing Premiership on RTE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

3-0 to Real Madrid.

Ronaldo with 2 goals and Raúl with 1. Also Casillas will pull off an outstanding performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Madrid can field their best team for the first time this season. Barca are playing very well. Looking forward to it. I'd say it'll be a draw.

Messi starts!

Alos there is some luatic on the pitch :v:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

Great to have big Ron back for the big game.

Nice goal from Eto

1-0

Eto'o woo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ro2

Gwan the Eto'o!!

Useless eejits running the TV coverage in Spain, they lose the picture nearly every week.

Yeah i know.

Its back now isnt it? So why are these fools still talking?!

Edit: Oh ok no sound :v:

I flaming hate listening to welsh prat toshack, and the bolden fella.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Having to watch feckin x factor again,does this shít never end ? :(
    Hopefully will catch some of the 2nd half.

Messi's goal disallowed for offside, fantastic finish though.

I tell ye its something to behold this Barcelona side, Leo Messi and Eto'o are something else.

• Advertisement

yes i hope barca keep ahead!:D

Great first half from the Barca front row. Casillas is earning his money tonight :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Good 1st half for barca but they should be 2 up. Real have to play in the 2nd half and that means Beckham on the right, he not in the game at all.

Ronaldinho just filled up the showboating slot for next week :D

kdjac

Messi, Eto'o and Ronaldinho completley and utterly dominating this match. Messi, if he realises his potential, really will be an absolute world star. In a few years imagine him in his early 20s and Ronaldinho in his prime playing together for Barca. Messi could even have a very big part to play in the next world cup.

One sided first half, Barca should be more than one up, will Real respond in the second? Excellent game though and as expected some of the football, 99% of it coming from the Barca players, is a joy to behold. Sensational stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Some superb stuff being played by Barca, still wouldn't like to predict the final score yet. either side could score 3 goals in 5 minutes!
    I love this game :)

Messi looks unbelievable, R Carlos doesn't know what to do with him.
    E'to looks so sharp, Ronaldinho is playing great stuff too.

:eek:

2-0 Ronaldinho classy goal

A masterclass from Barcelona , truely breathtaking football and what a goal from one of the worlds greatest players in Ronaldinho. Poor old Vanderly Luxemburgo is going to be in trouble tommorrow.

Great bit of skill there from Ronaldinho. Every time they lose the sound Barca score :)

Its crazy how bad Real Madrid actually are.

• Advertisement

Christ, Real just got an excellent team goal, where did that come from! Disallowed for Ronaldo being played offside but himpressive nonetheless

Ronaldinho well I dont know what to say. Absolute genious.

The best thing is seeing the Madrid fans applauding him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

CorkMan wrote:
    3-0 to Real Madrid.

Ronaldo with 2 goals and Raúl with 1. Also Casillas will pull off an outstanding performance.

No offence, but I will never listen to a word you say again...

I was in Mallorca all week, there's about two people there who don't love Barca. I just wish i was still there tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Oh hell yes.
    Barcelona when they are on form like this are one of the scariest teams in the world when they attack. If it wasn't Real Madrid I might have felt sorry for them.

Madrid were not in the game at all, fair enough Ronaldo, Zidane and Helguera were all returning after long absences but what about the rest of them? Robinho the wonder kid, nowhere to be seen. Messi the exact opposite, hungry to get the ball get forward and smart enough to know when to release the ball rather than try 6 or 7 stepovers.

Xavi again showed his class, the majority of Barcelona's attacks go through him, when he plays well Barca plays well. Fantastic performance by him.

Barca won the game in midfield, their dominance was outstanding. It reminds me of the game in the Camp Nou last season when Barca won 3-0 and they spanked Madrid that time too.

Had it not been for Casillias it could have been a lot worse, he made some excellent saves. Sergio Ramos was left for dead far too many times. Had Woodgate and Graveson been available I think there would have been a much different out come to this game. They lacked the tenacity that Graveson brings to the team, and they lacked the defensive stabilty that Woody brings. Pablo Garcia is a bad player and the only thing I can recall him doing in this game was elbowing Deco in the face.

Ronaldinho and Eto'o were super. I'm so happy Eto'o got his goal with all of Madrid against him he wasn't in the least bit intimidated. Says a lot for him and the current confidence running through the Barcelona squad at the moment. Ronaldinho's two goals were great too, bad defending on behalf of Ramos and Helguera but Ronaldinho's composure was excellent.

Credit needs to go to the Barca defense too. Although they weren't pressured too often they dealt with most things very well. Oleguer is so much better at right back than Belletti, and with him playing there, the defense is far more solid. Marquez playing at centre half was a very good decision by Rijkaard. Edmilson is a liability in the back four, Marquez isn't. Edmilson did quite well tonight, but Ronaldo's goal that was ruled offside was Edmilson's fault. He was far deeper than the back four and just stepped out in time.

Sour note of the game, Roberto Carlos and his cynical trip of Samuel Eto'o in the box. That was bad form. Should have been a penalty and a red card.

Top of the league now on goal difference and playing well. 1 goal conceeded in 7 and 21 scored if I recall correctly. Last season when they hit the front they weren't caught. If they continue to play like they are now it could be the same thing. There's a lot of games to play though (26), however since Janurary 2004 they have been damn impressive in La Liga and I think they will win it again this season.

Oh, and Frank Rijkaard is now the first Barcelona manager to win in the Bernabeu twice in La Liga.

Goal number 3 was just....utter genius! A true performer, ronaldinho, and left cassilas standing still! Im glad he got applauded by the Madrid fans, rather than being booed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Goal number 3 was just....utter genius! A true performer, ronaldinho, and left cassilas standing still! Im glad he got applauded by the Madrid fans, rather than being booed.

That was great to see, wasn't it? More a protest at Real's poor performance I think that an embrace of Barca's great performance. But who cares??? :D

• Advertisement

Ronaldinho, what on earth can you say about him that hasn't been said already?

Messi is a sensation, and Barca on form are just beautiful to watch.

Lol at fat streaker just before second half kicked off:
    http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=video&file=Streaker2.mpg

Wtf is on beckhams nose?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Fair play to the ref for booking Robinho for diving, pity Beckhams shambolic attempt at a dive didn't get the same treatment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Lol at fat streaker just before second half kicked off:
    http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=video&file=Streaker2.mpg

Wtf is on beckhams nose?

"Galactic Ass" - Rofl!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Makaveli wrote:
    Pablo Garcia is a bad player and the only thing I can recall him doing in this game was elbowing Deco in the face.

I can't believe how bad this guy is. I have seen him in the champions league and a couple of league games. What does he do? All i can see him doing is running around fouling people, doesn't play any football and is always out of position.

How he gets his game ahead of Gravesen I will never know.

I would love to see woodgate and Sergio Ramos centre-half partnership given a chance, when woody is fit. Also maybe Gravesen or Helguera in the holding midfield role. That used to be Helguera's best position, until about 5 Real managers decided not to buy centre-halves and played him there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

WDK wrote:
    I flaming hate listening to welsh prat toshack, and the bolden fella.

Banned for a week for abuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

anyone got videos of the ronahldino goals ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

http://s62.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1LPFMJNJTAWB532XZ9GS6ZL1PI

Feck all this about dragging teams to titles. Ronaldinho is at least as good as Maradonna. He is just unbelievable and still only 25.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Ok, I was wrong. Watch out for the Nou Camp game though!

When what? Barca win 44-0?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

that was fast! Cheers.

Cheers for the videos.

I agree with Eirebhoy, and I think by the end of the next world cup so will most people. Ronaldinho is in that class with Pele, Maradona or any of them.

Messi's dissalowed goal, what a finish!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

CorkMan wrote:
    Ok, I was wrong. Watch out for the Nou Camp game though!

Yeah right ! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement