Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Ready-to-go Bonus Upgrade

• 18-11-2005 8:14pm
    Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭

Query about the upgrade:

To get the credit you have to enter the new phones IMEI. Does this mean that that phone can then only be used with your pre-existing SIM ? I'm interested in getting the upgrade credit for herself and flogging/giving a present of the phone and I'm wondering if it works..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

parsi wrote:
    Query about the upgrade:

To get the credit you have to enter the new phones IMEI. Does this mean that that phone can then only be used with your pre-existing SIM ? I'm interested in getting the upgrade credit for herself and flogging/giving a present of the phone and I'm wondering if it works..

on o2 you can definitely do it. the credit can be put on any o2 number and the phone can then be used with any sim, not just the one you bought the upgrade for.

on meteor the credit has to go on a certain number because you have to have spent a certain amount of credit but again the phone can be used with any meteor sim.

im not 100% sure of the system on voda but i think its the same as o2's. either way you can give away the phone but possibly not the credit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Yeah, what you're describing will work. Basically just take down the IMEI. Then register it to your gf's number and sell the phone.
    Everyone's happy!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Thanks folks.. sounds like what I want alright.

Advertisement