Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP: removal of integrated dishwasher door

Options
  • 18-11-2005 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭

Anyone know how to get the door off a fully integrated dishwasher? I wasn't here when the kitchen fitters put it in a couple of weeks ago and can't figure it out.

I need to get it off there so i can bring the stupid thing back to Power City and get a refund. I wonder if they've ever actually heard of the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act, 1980?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭pete

it's a Hotpoint BFI680

cheers boss.

Got a new kitchen put in a couple of weeks ago & immediately noticed that the dishwasher door doesn't close properly... it closes, just not very firmly.

We reported the faulty catch to power city, who arranged for hotpoint to contact us. Told them about faulty catch. Hotpoint engineer called to the house a few days later & after 45 minutes says "I've never seen this model before" followed by "your catch might need replacing. i'll order one just in case." Yes, we knew that. Advises us to try a rinse & if no leakage under the machine then everything should be ok to use.

Ran the rinse, no leakage. Ran a full load and a load of steam leaked from the top of the (not closing properly) door, condensed on the worktop and ran back down the integrated door. Door is now water damaged.

Visited power city again earlier this week to register displeasure. Informed by salesperson that they can't replace it (a blatant lie) but had not got the willpower to argue the terms of sale of goods act, so agreed to have hotpoint investigate.

Hotpoint send same engineer out today. Engineer looks at catch and says "yeah i'll have to order a replacement." Wife at this point not amused, since he was meant to have ordered one nearly 2 weeks ago. Wife enquires what hotpoint are going to do about damaged door. Engineer shrugs & turns his back, starts packing gear. Wife definitely not amused ejects engineer from premises; slams door.

Much to-ing and fro-ing ensues between us, hotpoint & power city. Apparently we could have a replacement immediately (tomorrow) if they have one in stock, or then again it might take a week, or a refund from hotpoint would take 1-2 weeks to process. maybe. At this point I lose the plot completely and attempt to ring power city (did you know they don't have phones in their shops? you have to ring an automated customer service number in a call centre, leave your number on a machine & wait to be called back)

Call centre guy calls back & is told the story. "We'll have to get a hotpoint engineer out....". This = final straw.

I remind call centre guy in no uncertain terms of the provisions of the sale of goods act (specifically that my contract is with power city, not hotpoint) and inform him that the telephone call was merely a courtesy as i would be returning the dishwasher to power city this evening and would be expecting a full refund on the spot. He responds with a less than confident "uhmmm i'll have to call the shop manager....", calls back & says immediate refund has been cleared.

Except now i can't get the bloody thing out. Typical.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

My one a zanussi has a couple of wood screws on the bottom of the door. When you screw these out, the wooden door will slide up out of a mounting.

You will then need to remove the plate that the kitchen fitter installed on the back of the door.

Cheers

yes but my contract is with power city, not hotpoint. Power City sold me a dud, so it's up to them to refund me.

ta for the help - i just want rid of the thing now. well, that and the cost of repairing the damage it caused.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Sorry to destroy your thread pete but was requested that some of the posts be removed by the poster he made a good case so i have done it.

• Advertisement

understood

Advertisement