Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smoothies

• 18-11-2005 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭

Apologies if something like this has been posted already...did a quick search before hand...

Anyway, I've just purchased this baby and have started to make myself some smoothies that will surely add years to my life!!

Most recent...Apples, bananas, Oranges, those actinel yogurt drinks and some ice...

Pretty basic to start off I know...

Has anyone got any good tips or decent recipes they can share?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

My son & fiancé's favourite:

Natural yoghurt
    Milk
    Bananas
    Spoon of honey
    Spoon of Peanut Butter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Ah yes...sounds like it could be the mutt's nuts...will give it a go. Thanks.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Go to a Zumo bar and copy the combinations off the menu boards :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

Super power!

Strawberries, fresh orange juice, banana, natural yogurt and honey. I'm not sure how these turn out home made but you can get them in Stephens green and other smoothie bars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

xzanti wrote:
    Go to a Zumo bar and copy the combinations off the menu boards :D

I wish they had little paper take-away menus... or a website, it would be so handy!

Thinking of buying a smoothie maker for myself Christmas. Had a juicer before but cleaning it was a lot of juice. Any recs for a good smoothie maker, I presume they aren't as persnickity to clean?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Bah

vibrant wrote:
    I wish they had little paper take-away menus... or a website, it would be so handy!

Jamba Juice - pretty much the best smoothies you can buy. Unbelievable. And there stores are really cool too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Freelancer

Two apples one carrot and a chunk a ginger around the 1 to 1 1/2 inch thick. Theres a breakfast of champions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Bah wrote:
    Jamba Juice - pretty much the best smoothies you can buy. Unbelievable. And there stores are really cool too.
    I <3 Jamba!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Zumo are spreading! They just opened a branch in Birmingham. I was absolutely shocked. Smoothies cost about £2.95 which is still a total rip off (about €4.50).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

fade2black wrote:

I've just purchased this baby

I have the same one FTB - did you not get the recipie book that came with?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I have the same one also. Weird.

As xzanti said, go to a juice bar and copy their combinations.

Bah wrote:
    Jamba Juice - pretty much the best smoothies you can buy

Some good ideas on their website. I think I'll try an apple. pear, kiwi combo today with natural yogurt and some milk.

Has anyone else tried a new combo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Bah

Argos have a sale on until Christmas Eve, with all juice and smoothie makers reduced, one or two are half price and the rest have about 15-20% off. Some good deals.

I tried to copy copy the Zumo "Eye Clear' with disastrous results last week

Carrots + Carrot Juice + Celery do not a nice drink make!

I keep using milk or natural yogurt for my liquid base in the fruit smoothies. Anyone got any alternatives? Orange Juice works ok with milk and bananas too

More recipies needed! ;)

Im getting bored with bananas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Last night I had, 2 Actinels, 2 apples, 1 banana, strawberries, kiwi, pear and 2 oranges. Lovely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

IvaBigWun, do you actually have a juicer, or just a smoothie maker?

Good mixtures if you have a juicer:

Carrot & apple
    Carrot & apple & ginger
    Carrot & orange
    Carrot & orange & ginger
    Carrot, apple, pineapple and orange - wakes you right up

(when juicing ginger, which tends to grow in 'knots', use a half of a small knot in one drink, so about 1/2 of a square inch of it, unless you like it very strong)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

My favorite is

Natural yoghurt
    fresh strawberries
    orange juice
    honey

Absolutely lovely.

or if you're feeling thin you can replace the yoghurt with vanilla ice cream and its the best :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭rainglow

Can you make smoothies with milk instead of yoghurt/ ice cream? I know it wouldn't be as thick but there wouldn't be any other problems, would there? My friend is lactose intolerant and only uses rice/ soya milk

• Advertisement
Advertisement