Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ValueHost.com

Options
  • 18-11-2005 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭

Does anyone here host their website with Valuehost.com. Our website has been down for nearly a week and they company is uncontactable by phone, email or fax. This is a bloody disaster, they're company is a joke! Anybody having similar problems!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

If you have control of the domain ie. the power to update where the dns is pointed to, move to another provider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭smeggle

the site seems to be still up .... Though I wouldn't like the look of them myself..

Been checking out this place myself www.eagerhost.com - it's the 24/7 online support that I like along with the value of there virtual hosting plans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

If you do a search on webhostingtalk.com you'll see valuehost are dire. Sorry.

I'd advise you to post this in this forum (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1), it normally gets hosts attention!!

I can recommend some good hosts if you'd like (I'm not affiliated with any of them.) Have a peep at http://www.sprintserve.net. They are really exceptional.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

have a look at globat smeggle cant recommend them enough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

biofreak wrote:
    Does anyone here host their website with Valuehost.com. Our website has been down for nearly a week and they company is uncontactable by phone, email or fax. This is a bloody disaster, they're company is a joke! Anybody having similar problems!?

If the site is a company site / important I would recommend hosting locally with either Blacknight or Hosting365. I have had good experiences with both and the main plus is you can actually call these companies and they answer their phones. They may not be as cheap as some of the American hosts, but they are worth the extra cash for the excellent support.

I used to host in New York and it was a disaster. Technicians would never be available until after 3pm and the hosting / calls were expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054851951

Webmonkey isn't having fun with them either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

OMG

Just reading this on their website instantly makes warning bells go off in my head
    The following table provides up-to-date information about our network and servers. If we report that our systems are running normally but you cannot access them successfully, please first check with your Internet Service Provider and/or try again later - some part of the internet, outside of Valuehost's control, may be the cause of the problem.

Yes it's the internets fault your hosting doesn't work.

http://www.valuehost.co.uk/noc/

Sorry to hear about your problems with hosting biofreak. As others have said an Irish Service provider is the way to go, at least I have an address where I can go and strangle someone :p

_raptor_ wrote:
    have a look at globat smeggle cant recommend them enough

HuH? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

smeggle wrote:
    HuH? :confused:
    _raptor_ wrote:
    have a look at globat smeggle, cant recommend them enough

Per chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

or have a look at globat, smeggle. cant recommend them enough

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

i was just followin on from dublindudes post i meant to say globat.com

_raptor_ wrote:
    i was just followin on from dublindudes post i meant to say globat.com

Changes HuH? to *DoH* lol :D (Had a 'Late Night' on Saturday ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭sc4rf4ce

have a look at http://www.detoxhosting.com. they reasonable prices, aswell they come with everything you need to manage your space. plus they give you a free domain name with every new hosting plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pbarry

Try www.eapps.com They support a huge range of hosting requirements like JBoss etc.....not affiliated with them......but deffinitely recommend them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭biofreak

We're after moving to serveage

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Am I the only one inclined to be suspicious of hosts who babble about the datacenter they're in as if they own it, who talk about their vast hordes of support staff when it is PERFECTLY obvious that they're run by some guy in his basement, and who can't manage basic English grammar?

rsynnott wrote:
    Am I the only one inclined to be suspicious of hosts who babble about the datacenter they're in as if they own it, who talk about their vast hordes of support staff when it is PERFECTLY obvious that they're run by some guy in his basement, and who can't manage basic English grammar?

You would not be alone ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

I think you just summed up 99.9% of Irish hosting companies :):):)

"companies"? Liberal usage of the word I would have thought ....

Lets just call them 'web hosts' then.

• Advertisement

Fair enough.. though I could probably pick holes in that as well :)

The only Irish hosting companies I'm aware of offhand are yours and Blacknight. There are some ISPs who do hosting on the side (it varies from simply bad to terrifyingly horrible (that'd be UTV)). There're also some thousands of resellers, most of the "pictures of computers and women on drugs on their side, babble about "our support team" etc." variety. That seems to be about it...

(Please note that neither Hosting365 nor Blacknight are entirely innocent of the silly clipart thing, tho)

rsynnott wrote:
    (Please note that neither Hosting365 nor Blacknight are entirely innocent of the silly clipart thing, tho)

Depends what you mean by that. I'd be interested in hearing your views.

blacknight wrote:
    Depends what you mean by that. I'd be interested in hearing your views.

I was thinking particularly of this: http://blacknight.ie/fileadmin/images/lo-call.gif

:)

rsynnott wrote:
    I was thinking particularly of this: http://blacknight.ie/fileadmin/images/lo-call.gif

:)
    What's the problem with that?

Ah, but you forgot the man on the rocks with his laptop :) (sorry Michele) ;):)

You're all picking on me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭misterq

Ah, but you forgot the man on the rocks with his laptop :) (sorry Michele) ;):)

I'm pretty sure thats a photo of the Blacknight "open plan" offices down in Carlow. :p

misterq wrote:
    I'm pretty sure thats a photo of the Blacknight "open plan" offices down in Carlow. :p
    Of course - we've redefined the very concept :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

http://www.register365.ie/images/renew_domain1.jpg
    ^ The more I look at this image, the less sense it makes :v:
    Why is she pretending to be a ninja?

Advertisement