Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subsidy code- motorola?

• 18-11-2005 10:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

Just got a new motorola phone- after I put in my pin it asks for a subsidy code- what is that? I've tried the usual 0000 and 1234 but nothing is working. Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

try 12345

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

on a motorola i believe the subsidy code is the unlocking code. it comes up when you put in a sim card from the wrong network in a locked phone. are you sure the phone will accept the sim card you're putting in?

Yes, you're correct. The subsidy password is the phone unlock code, for example your phone might be locked to Vodafone and you put an O2 SIM in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

liamskater wrote:
    try 12345

If anyone cares think the code on motorolas is 6 digits. 123456. But in this case sounds like you need the unlock code.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

I had a Motorola V975 and V980 you need a 6 digit code for unlocking the handset it not that hard to do . Get it from the Operator or a unlock shop .

• Advertisement
Advertisement