Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Utv Problem

• 18-11-2005 11:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,908 ✭✭✭✭

Basically I have a problem.
    In July i think i signed up for utv clicksilver broadband trial (normally 29.99 per month). Not intending to stick with them after the 3 months i emailed them asking to be upgraded to clicksiver plus (normally 45). I got no reply to that email and in my next few correspondences from them they referred to my account simply as a "clicksilver account". Then suddenly when my bills started arriving they began to call it "clicksilver plus account" (I did not notice this difference until last week). Now they are charging me 45 a month for broadband when they never confirmed to me that it was the case. Does anyone know if i have a valid complaint here?

Also to make matters worse i just got an eircom bill and they are still charging me for internet usage. I was convinced utv cancelled this along with telephone service when i switched to them?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

I doubt if you have any come back with UTV. You ordered the upgrade and even though they didn't reply, the order still originated from you and you didn't cancel it. To add insult to injury, you will have automatically entered a new contract with them starting when the upgrade kicked in. It used to be 12 months but I'm not sure what it is now.
    You'll have to pay Eircom aswell. That is a contract between you and Eircom that UTV wouldn't have the authority to cancel. Even if you took out BB with Eircom they send you a form along with the BB modem that you must fill out and send back to cancel your dialup subscription. If you don't they continue to bill you for it aswell as the BB.
    Bad news all around I'd say:(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

I agree totally with Kaizersokze - UTV did exactly what you requested them to do so what have you to complain about?

It is not up to UTV to interfere with any bb arrangement you have with Eircom or anyone else and UTV do not undertake to cancel any order on our behalf.

Me thinks you want your bread buttered on several sides. And in truth the thread is wrongly named you don't have any problem with UTV at all.

Advertisement