Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where'd the shop go?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

starbucks is the way forward!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Those yanks have a few shops in Eire me thinks... Although the starbucks here and the starbucks in america are going to be 2 totaly differant cafe's... anyway where would ya put one in the college... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Kain

Theres one on Dame St in Dublin, was in there last Saturday night. I failed to see what was so big about it to be honest, other then you get big assed mugs for your coffee. Although knowing Starbicks, their going to start tring to overtake every street cornor possible.

The invasion has begun!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

i think its safe to say the country will be dotted with starbucks within 2-5 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

The whole point of starbucks is not the coffee.. the reason for it's success was it's relaxed and chilled atmosphere. You didn't have to purchase anything to sit there... you could just go in and read a book. Of course their coffee is high quality also.

Could ya imagine...

"here mista... ya gona bleedin' buy somtin or wat... loike, fuk, bollx... piss off ya scroungy shoite... fuk, fuk, drugs..."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

the majority of starbucks i have seen in the states have limited seating. barely even room to get to the counter. the first few in ireland will be roomy and comfy, but the rest will just be crammed into any hole in a wall in any town showing signs of development.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

there are infact 3 one in an upmarket shoping center and one in the microsoft plant.

i was the 1st customer in dame street, (i'm a strabucks junkie! after living in london i became addicted, im a real coffee snob anyway), their coffee is of a suerior quality to most irish cafés as the KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING!!! most cafés dont know the difference between a capachino and laté etc.

the actual premises are quite small and your lucky to get a seat at anytime hence its a lot of "to go's" the staff are super friendly but you will wait at least 10min due to heavy ques. all in all its better than many uk starbucks (i've not tried the us ones) my new yorker friend assures me its near identicle in taste to the us

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

big starbucks fan myself, love the coffee. nicenst one i was in is at cantabury in england. is goes way back and it so chilled out. loads of room. They are so handy. one on dame street, one in dundrum and one in MS. Hope more pop up to be honest. They are handy for morning pick me ups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Shinners21

The_B_Man wrote:
    O' Briens? the ones off Granby Row? Nice people. i know their cousins...

Ha ha ... Granby Row ....aka... Freezer Road. :D

Advertisement