Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you use a 3G SIM in a 2G phone

• 19-11-2005 2:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

lets get this straight, Can you use a 3G SIM in a 2G phone. ive read many answers to this. Whats the crack with vodafone. is it possible to get a 3g sim card and not have a 3g phone, or can you hassle a vodafone rep to put you on the GOOD VALUE tariffs, without getting a 3g sim card?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Yes.
    I've used my 3G sim in a 6310i with no problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭BigMoose

You can use either SIM in either type of phone. With VF there's no such thing as a 3G SIM. There are older SIMs and newer USIMS but they have nothing to do with the 3G network. When 3G was first launched they did only allow the USIMs access to the 3G network to stop prepaid users accessing it before the prepaid billing system worked with 3G. Now there's no issue using either on either network.

This has nothing to do with tariffs though!

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭dshakey

when i say tariffs i mean, that i want to get prefect talk 400, and that is only for 3g uses, but if i have a 3g sim card i can get the tariffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

My 3G sim on the 3 network works fine in a Nokia 6020 2G phone.

Advertisement