Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I use a proxy with a BT client?

Options
  • 19-11-2005 2:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,
    Im just after finding out about the wonderful world of proxy servers..

I am using Azureus and was wondering can I set this to connect throught a proxy server just like IE>setting>connection settings?

Thanks,
    Hakko

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I'm assuming that you're stuck behind a firewall that's there to prevent you from running such apps. If this it the case you'll have extreme difficulty doing it. The tracker connections are over HTTP on a high port (around 6900ish I think) and can possibly be tunneled through a proxy. The peer-to-peer connectivity is a different issue and could theoretically be run through a SOCKS proxy but I sincerely doubt you'll manage it.

Even someone who knows a lot about this would probably find this an extremely awkward problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭catching_streams

Yes it can be done, quite easily in fact. Use these apps
    Sockscap
    Httptunnel
    and follow guides here.
    http://www.http-tunnel.com/phpbb2/viewforum.php?f=2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

Its a filtering program called websense.I suppose it is probably a good firewall awell.
    Also if I do pull it off can the Admin see what im doing or is it going past them?

Thanks guys
    Hakko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

theres a plugin for Azureus for this I think

any chance on the name of the plugin..also how do you install the plugin?
    I have tried to install safepeer but it didnt come up in plguins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭elusiveguy

for get azureus, get bitspirit and a program called your-freedom. Sorted... you're not living in parchment square are ya???

Im in Parchment are you?
    Is bitspirit any good because I am really getting the hang of azureus..

Advertisement