Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I hate DJing 21st birthday parties!!!I hate it!

Options
  • 19-11-2005 4:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭

Couldn't think of any other thread to put this in...

I'v just come back from gigging a 21st and am thinking of throwing in the towel cos of it.I just had to get this off my chest as these parties wreck my head so much.
    1.Started off ok,was told to turn it down as there were a few oldies there,then was asked 10 mins later to turn it up as no-one could hear it.

2.Was asked to play lively stuff to get people dancing,at about 9.30 or so.This does not happen anywhere,people don't get up to dance until they are plyed with drink and have no inhibitians.

3.No one appreciates mixing!I mixed a couple of tunes really well and you just want someone to come up and say "nice mix man",but alas.

4.Asked to play some oldies for the 5 older people that were at the party to "keep them happy".No one else in the place was liking it and got complaints.

5.And finally,playing ****ty commercial music like the proclaimers and sugababes.

Ok thats off my chest now,sorry for the rant.

Would love to find out if there are any DJ societies where DJ's meet up and share an interest in the art of DJing and mixing uncommercial music.God would love it.

Advertisement