Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom -- My story

• 19-11-2005 11:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭

In march 2005, I decided to get BB as I really really wanted it. So rang EsatBt no luck. Rank eircom to see what the prob was. Told me I was to far away from h exchange(even though my next-door-neighbour has eircom BB!).
    So after about a month (or three), of talking to "monkeys" on the phone<>>> go nowhere! So I decided to look up this forum. They old me to contact Pil Nolan. Which I did and I got a response form Des Keating. After repling to him got no response after 4 weeks (3 emails were sent>>no reply!). I decided to ring him.. And yesterday morning I was accepted for BB!!! I would have prefered to get EsatBt or Smart/ Does anybody know if I can port over to these guys when I have my eircom BB?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Did you sign up for BB with Eircom?
    If you did you are tied to a 6 month contract.
    After that you can switch to who ever you like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

dono hows the contract these days ?
    im with eircom in work esat at home .

tho i did have more probloms getting the bb with eircom then esat. they installed it on the wrong phone line :/

only problom i have with esat is they never charge me for the service .. feckers

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

elexes wrote:
    only problom i have with esat is they never charge me for the service .. feckers

I can't see the problem! :v:

I'm with Eircom Business Starter BB, after BT failing miserably to show themselves as a competent provider :(

Though, once my contract expires with Eircom, I may consider Smart, provided they don't go bust in the meantime :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭FlyOver

Deaddude wrote:
    Told me I was to far away from h exchange(even though my next-door-neighbour has eircom BB!).

So after about a month (or three), of talking to "monkeys" on the phone<>>> go nowhere!

They old me to contact Pil Nolan.

The answer to that is your line was out of date.

I was one of those monkeys and if I ever came across a customer with your attitude I would have a little fun then probably leave you on hold and go on my break. Oh how I miss it all.

No names? You silly billy. You're the typical ignorant f'er that doesn't listen when told certain things and then goes off the rails into a blind rage. "You're line is acient, get over it".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭peepsbates

FlyOver wrote:

I was one of those monkeys and if I ever came across a customer with your attitude I would have a little fun then probably leave you on hold and go on my break. Oh how I miss it all.

No names? You silly billy. You're the typical ignorant f'er that doesn't listen when told certain things and then goes off the rails into a blind rage. "You're line is acient, get over it".

Ouch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Typical. He lives in a brand new estate - his neighbours have BB and the only way to get BB was to constantly harass the top guys in €iron to do something about it. Since the simians on the front lines never know anything and never have any real power. They were also never told anything; since all the PhoneSimians could ever tell was that the line "failed" - they never had a clue why. No wonder you worked in phone support if you had to deal with someone face to face it would end being rearranged for you
    FlyOver wrote:

Typical. He lives in a brand new estate - his neighbours have BB and the only way to get BB was to constantly harass the top guys in €iron to do something about it.

You're one of the many DKheads that call and belch out a complaint then hear the facts and not be educated enough to piss off and wait your turn.

I'll let you into another little secret of which I have many about this nations best monopoly. You are not the only lame ass who hasn't got a bean about how these things actually work,there is thousands of people in this country every week that look for a new phone line or Broadband or piss and moan in the way €300 of there phone bill was made on calls to some filth line on a pacific island only to find out it was their kid. What you are saying is F everyone I want a man in a van that has Eirom plastered on the side of it at my door in 30 minutes with his MAGIC WAND and create out of thin air make all my problems dissappear. You idiot!

Since the simians on the front lines never know anything and never have any real power. They were also never told anything; since all the PhoneSimians could ever tell was that the line "failed" - they never had a clue why. No wonder you worked in phone support if you had to deal with someone face to face it would end being rearranged for you

The people on the front line are HUMAN BEINGS. If you wrong us do we not revenge? And all that BS. Unfortunately those people on the front line aren't told much. Is it there fault, no it isn't, but knob ends love to moan to them. Makes them feel good. Looking forward to your next rant OfflerCrocGod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

nah you're a monkey. I worked for €ircon for a while as a monkey. Some of us knew our stuff. But €ircon are the most incompetent, bumbling, overcharging idiots in the country. Most of the support staff are cool though but some where complete idiots.

If you are not told much then why complain when someone has a go at you because you cannot provide decent, relevant anwers? Do something about it, dont have a go at people when they get pissed off at €ircon. Its hard not to expect them to. Id rather cut my own arm off then EVER have anything to do with €ircon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Moojuice wrote:
    nah you're a monkey. I worked for €ircon for a while as a monkey. Some of us knew our stuff. But €ircon are the most incompetent, bumbling, overcharging idiots in the country. Most of the support staff are cool though but some where complete idiots.

If you are not told much then why complain when someone has a go at you because you cannot provide decent, relevant anwers? Do something about it, dont have a go at people when they get pissed off at €ircon. Its hard not to expect them to. Id rather cut my own arm off then EVER have anything to do with €ircon.
    HERE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:v:

FlyOver wrote:
    You're one of the many DKheads that call and belch out a complaint then hear the facts and not be educated enough to piss off and wait your turn.
    I never use phone support.
    FlyOver wrote:
    I'll let you into another little secret of which I have many about this nations best monopoly. You are not the only lame ass who hasn't got a bean about how these things actually work,there is thousands of people in this country every week that look for a new phone line or Broadband or piss and moan in the way €300 of there phone bill was made on calls to some filth line on a pacific island only to find out it was their kid. What you are saying is F everyone I want a man in a van that has Eirom plastered on the side of it at my door in 30 minutes with his MAGIC WAND and create out of thin air make all my problems dissappear. You idiot!
    Eloquent. They were dealing with eircon for months - not for half an hour. An engineer did come out and say the line was perfect; it changed nothing and the phone support just told them to ignore what the engineer said. Eircon are a crappy, poorly run, monopoly.
    FlyOver wrote:
    The people on the front line are HUMAN BEINGS. If you wrong us do we not revenge? And all that BS. Unfortunately those people on the front line aren't told much. Is it there fault, no it isn't, but knob ends love to moan to them. Makes them feel good. Looking forward to your next rant OfflerCrocGod.
    Shakespeare is spinning in his grave. The fact is that the people on the front line often waffle and pretend they do know. As for abuse they never abused the people on the phones when requesting BB they were simply persistent and patient (Very!) it took months of negotiations for them to finally be granted the priviledge of paying eircon for crap BB. Anyway phone support is not hired to trow abuse or try and get their "revenge" on people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

FlyOver wrote:

The ppl on the front line are supposed to be eircon support. So why waste money ringing ye feckers when ye "arent told much"?

Please hold.................... {insert shiddy music here}

Line "fails" and his next door neighbour has eircon BB.
    MONKEYS.
    If i worked in support and knew nothing i wouldnt be long about going higher up the ladder and finding out wtf was going on so i could actually tell ppl whats right and whats wrong other than lieing consistantly and passing ppl onto different support lines.

Why, other than lieing all the time, or giving out incorrect information, cant ye in the support department just say " we dont know whats going on, ring Comreg and bitch to them, they may not be a good regulator, and they wont get fook all done, but at least you aint bitchin to me"

These support feckers are Human Beings, who know feck all about eircon support. Why do we get pissed off? Its eircom support FFS, Something goes wrong and we are supposed to ring you guys. And wastin money talking to ye who know nothin can be quite aggrivating at times. If not completley headwrecking.

I agree Eircom is she-ite, I think people are missing my point.

Customer rings up and expects the world, doesn't get it, then looks for blood from this front line person. For every individual call there is an individual answer to their query, there arre hundreds of calls a day! Of course there is going to be set backs and this person who only got a crash course in what there job entails is not going to give good advice and some of you are saying blame them for not knowing everything? That's what supervisors and managers are for so ask them, complain to them and then hang up.

Meetings are held and in these meetings all gripes from customers and the employee is brought up and discussed. So employee views are aired, if something is done is a different matter.

So for all of you people who take the piss out of these people who work on the phones and call them monkeys and the like, be careful. If you get someone like me on the other end life won't be esay for you it'll only be harder.

Please hold........

AH break time.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

FlyOver wrote:
    ...misses the part about the customer always being right...

;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

FlyOver wrote:
    Of course there is going to be set backs and this person who only got a crash course in what there job entails is not going to give good advice and some of you are saying blame them for not knowing everything? That's what supervisors and managers are for so ask them, complain to them and then hang up.
    **** me , Flyover is a post modern 21st century Biddy :p ....of all things. I think I prefer the old model once it bothered to put its teeth in before it spoke to me..
    FlyOver wrote:
    Meetings are held and in these meetings all gripes from customers and the employee is brought up and discussed. So employee views are aired, if something is done is a different matter.
    Seems they leave you manning (or is it thinging) the phones while those meeting are on head :D
    FlyOver wrote:
    So for all of you people who take the piss out of these people who work on the phones and call them monkeys and the like, be careful. If you get someone like me on the other end life won't be esay for you it'll only be harder.
    Seeing as you seemingly know nothing and care not a whit about learning anything I'll just hang up if I get you and redial. Its called random selection .

At least you have english, that skill is in short supply in Eircom front line CS nowadays . Well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭mossieh

I would imagine that quite a few people on Boards have done some tech support/cs work at some stage (myself included, worked for dell, compaq etc...)
    and the fact is that in most companies, customer complaints were (at least before the mass outsourcing) taken seriously and every effort was made to resolve the issues raised. When you call eircom support, you get the impression that they have no interest in helping you, that they just want to close the call as quickly as possible. If you want to test this, try calling eircom and ask for your account number, they can give it to you, but you will have to jump through hoops.

Flyover, nobody expects miracles, but we do have a right to expect diligent, knowledgeable techs on the other end of the phone when we call a for help. We have a right to expect that the tech will chase the issue if it needs chasing and that it will be fixed in a reasonable amount of time. Of course the eircom reps on the phone are human beings but for all the help they often give, they might as well be monkeys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

FlyOver wrote:
    So for all of you people who take the piss out of these people who work on the phones and call them monkeys and the like, be careful. If you get someone like me on the other end life won't be esay for you it'll only be harder..

If I ever had to deal with someone with your attitude I would have you fired very quickly.

My girlfriend used to work for Eircon support so I am the least likely person to insult the people there. Most of them were pretty cool people. However most of them knew nothing about Eircon products. My girlfriend had notes saying line rental is included with broadband! This was not her fault, it was her supervisors. I met him, he was a monkey who knew nothing but acted like he invented telecoms! He won't argue with me again! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 joplin

I was paying those ridicilous high charges for landline and BB and whenever I had to ring up customer service at Eircom I first had to give all account details to a machine, be on hold for about an hour, sometimes more. When somebody finally answers she/he won't have a clue and would try to transfer the call and cutting me off. My record was 3.5 hours in total on the phone to them, 99% of that on hold and redialling. It made me so angry that I switched over to Smart. And how difficult wasn't that with Eircom trying make it as slow as possible. I've had it with them, never again!

F*** €ircon, Smart telecom rules! At least the answer their phones within seconds or minutes and so far no rude ones and they do actually get back to you! And my saving is 40€/ month, not bad eh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Some of us need to wait until 2006 to switchover to Smart. All the other providers seem to be a bit **** as well.
    Cant wait though, no cap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 joplin

Yes, I forgot to mention that. NO CAP! How great isn't that! Bet you can't wait..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I rang eircom over the summer holidays to find out the prefix number you needed to temporarily enable and disable "caller display". I spent 5 minutes to get through to a person after muttering to the machine. I asked her but she told me no, straight off. I asked her if she was sure. I even told her that you can do it with mobiles and that phone lines could support many of the features of GSM mobiles. Still no, "mobiles and telephone lines are completely different" but she wouldnt listen. I said thanks and hung up.

I rang them back and was put through to this chap who spent 5 minutes getting it but came back with 141 to disable and 142 to enable. Simple as that.

I know that was a minor issue but it just shows the huge range of workers you get there. Some are completely incompetent and will do anything to get money. 6 months or so after eircom enabled my exchange I got a call off an eircom rep who asked if I was interested in getting broadband. I pointed out to her that my line failed and after a bit she apologised and hung up. Now what would've happened if I didn't know that? Her commission would have been better anyway.

• Advertisement

paulm17781 wrote:
    If I ever had to deal with someone with your attitude I would have you fired very quickly.

He won't argue with me again! ;)

Aren't you a big man? How would you have me or anyone like me fired? What power have you to have me fired? None, is the answer.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

FlyOver wrote:
    Aren't you a big man? How would you have me or anyone like me fired? What power have you to have me fired? None, is the answer.

You don't seem to be doing a particualy good job of convincing people that Eircon support people actually know what they are talking about, or care about anyones problems though. With any luck people will realise that they would be much better off with another company and stop giving their money to Eircom and you'll have then helped put yourself out of a job.

Well done.

FlyOver wrote:

I hate you Celtic tiger kids. If I get your name, which you are supposed to give when I call. I report you to your supervisor. From what I know of Eircon they are generally useless so I would go one tier higher. All your calls are recorded (see previous bit about GF working there). If management heard your attitude you would be out on your ass. I would make sure of it.

You are customer service you are supposed to help customers not give attitude. People like you don't deserve CS jobs, it's a shame you can't get a better one.

Besides, despite my hatred of them, my brother is a manager in Eircon. I reckon I have quite alot more power than you think. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Flyover, I've just moved out of an application support role (not quite call-centre but support nonetheless) and you wouldn't last a morning in our company with that attitude. We had a communications consultant brought in to give us a course in more effective phone technique when dealing with customers on the phone (not that we really needed it tbh, we were just trying to maintain our high service levels). Guess what the first thing she did during our course was?

She called Eircom Support on loudspeaker to show us how *not* to do things!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 markmcie

Just wondering, how did you guys who were getting 'line failed' messages, actually managed to get connected ? All my neighbours have BB and Im still stuck on dial up.

e-mail phil.nolan@eircom.ie. CS is pointless in Eircon so just go striaght to the CEO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 markmcie

Wow, noting like going straight to the top. Ill have to get all my ammunition together for this one. Between phone calls to CS and technicians coming to the house this has gone on for over a year now. The line has being physically tested and its perfect. Its not a priority for me to get BB but when your on dial up and everyone else is surfing with ease its frustrating.

Thanks Paul

markmcie wrote:
    Wow, noting like going straight to the top. Ill have to get all my ammunition together for this one. Between phone calls to CS and technicians coming to the house this has gone on for over a year now. The line has being physically tested and its perfect. Its not a priority for me to get BB but when your on dial up and everyone else is surfing with ease its frustrating.
    Emphasise the fact that your neighbors have BB and that you are angry that you can't get it. It may take some time but keep at them!

Advertisement