Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Sandwich Fillings....

• 19-11-2005 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭

I just had my most perfect sandwich. I'm not reallya sambo kinda gal, more into salads and soup...but I thought I'd get a sandwich in obriens yesterday...i had heard about the triple decker toastie....and oh my god...it was just beautiful....my mouth is still watering...

So whats your favourite sandwich?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

I just had my most perfect sandwich. I'm not reallya sambo kinda gal, more into salads and soup...but I thought I'd get a sandwich in obriens yesterday...i had heard about the triple decker toastie....and oh my god...it was just beautiful....my mouth is still watering...

I invented a sandwich called the crunchmaker! The best sandwich in the world. You actually have to brace yourself before you eat it, it's that beautifull. It's the closest thing to divinty. You'll eat no other sandwich like the crunchmaker. It's not even a sandwich, it's a life experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

i eat anything when im hungry at lunch time, but my fav sandwich especially at the weekends is a toasted sandwich with melted cheese and ham.
    With lea and perrins (sp?)
    Actually im going to make one now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Blondie86Star

I just made a sandwich for lunch...cooked some chicken, mayo, lettuce n tomato...mmmm

Binomate wrote:
    I invented a sandwich called the crunchmaker! The best sandwich in the world. You actually have to brace yourself before you eat it, it's that beautifull. It's the closest thing to divinty. You'll eat no other sandwich like the crunchmaker. It's not even a sandwich, it's a life experience.

What is in the Crunhmaker Biomate?

What is in the Crunhmaker Biomate?
    I'm afraid if I told you I'd have to kill you. It takes about half an hour to make and anyone I've ever told how to make it has failed miseraly at it. I'm thinking of getting the idea copyrighted. To uphold the legacy of the crunchmaker I'm afraid I can't tell any more souls. You'll just have to hope that you come across my path one day when I'm building one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

So many to choose from - here's a few favourites:

The Tripledecker: Chicken, Bacon, Red onion, Lettuce, Tomato with a little coleslaw, mustard and pepper.

Beef & Beetroot: Pretty simple: Beef, Beetroot, Lettuce, Tomato and a little mayonaise

The cure: The ultimate sandwich. Take a garlic chibata, stick it in the George for a few minutes, cook up some frying steak, some mushrooms, peppers and tomatoes (also in the George) assemble into a sandwich like form, optionally add some nice cheese, definitely add some nice mustard and some pepper and George it for another few minutes. And consume until bloated and weak at the knees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Ham, cheese, thick bread, real butter, toasted sandwhich maker, 5 minutes, satisfaction

A sandwich must always be cut diagonally accross from rectangle to triangle. If it's not done that way it doesn't taste as nice.

Beef & Beetroot: Pretty simple: Beef, Beetroot, Lettuce, Tomato and a little mayonaise
    Beetroot belongs in the bin, not in a sandwich!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

my fav sandwich filling is crisps,cheese and loads of mayo!!

dont diss it till youve tried it...it's yum!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Plastic Scouser

1. Cheese & Jam...yum!

2. Hot chips & egg mayonnaise on a bun...deadly, but all melty & delicious!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

ya cant beat a good auld toasted ham, cheese and onion sambo!!

Is there no foods forum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Roast chicken with avocado, mayo instead of butter

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Slice of cheese, some cheese and onion crisps and little bit of ketchup (the stuff from lidl. For other uses it's not as good as other ketchups, but it makes this sandwich fly).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Tuna and mayo on fresh white bread - no butter. None of that sweetcorn crap either.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Teller

Sounds nice! I like O'Brien's food but the service isn't always the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭cookiemonst3r

peanut butter and jam. MMmmmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

Brown bread, apricot jam and white cheddar...deliciousness in a sandwich!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Is there no foods forum?

Shhh... we want to talk about sandwiches. ;)

Ham and cheese, toasted, non-toasted, it doesn't matter. Delish!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Tuna, Egg, Gherkin/Pickle all mixed up with Mayo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

Chickein in pesto sauce, Warm Streaky Bacon, Mayo, Balymaloo Pickle, some sun blessed tomatoes & some Guacamole on toasted brown bread - mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

::: ven0mous :::

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Ham, turkey and cheese between two slices of toasted brown wheaten bread with mayonaise. Then on top put sliced tomato (tesco's on the vine are best), chopped onion, lettuce and another slice of toasted bread, but this time with some coleman's English mustard.

Not only is this an amazing sandwich but it's also a pre-emptive cure for a hangover. Fantabulous!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Is there no foods forum?

<
    Click the food & drink link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Not only is this an amazing sandwich but it's also a pre-emptive cure for a hangover. Fantabulous!

Noted. Cheers mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭miss_gonzo

tofu slices and lots of veggies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭patzer117

Roast Chicken, Stuffing, and Mayo. And obviously on brown bread. I'm addicted to them the way some people are addicted to cigarettes - i need my fix daily. But when it comes... oh the goodness...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,142 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

patzer117 wrote:
    Roast Chicken, Stuffing, and Mayo. And obviously on brown bread. I'm addicted to them the way some people are addicted to cigarettes - i need my fix daily. But when it comes... oh the goodness...

Oh god yes, especially the O'Briens ready made sandwich filling you can buy from Tescos. Better than sex.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Malteaser! wrote:
    my fav sandwich filling is crisps,cheese and loads of mayo!!

dont diss it till youve tried it...it's yum!!
    Nyom, I feel like one now. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

chicken coleslaw ballymalloo on white no butter

Advertisement