Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Sandwich Fillings....

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Chicken, ham and cheese
    Ham, cheese and crisps
    Chicken, Bacon and cheese

very boring really...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Ham,cheese,rashers,sausages,turkey,chicken,3 different kinds of peperroni,beef,lamb and put it under the grill use around 6 slices of bread if you can fit your mouth around it you will love I want one right now!!!!!!1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Dubliner cheese with Ballymaloe relish and a little bit of spring onion, in white bread. Yum. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Fresh cold chicken breast, grated Cheddar and Mayo.

Either in white roll, brown roll or best of all, Panini form, its the greatest sandwich I've ever eaten.

btw - why is this in After hours? The sheer amount of totally unrelated threads being posted in after hours is getting a bit crazy..! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

And whoever said Cheese, crisps and loads of Mayo....

Spot on! Another firm favourite of mine!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

cheese (not the processed stuff)
    ham
    onions

toasted of course = deliscious

cheese and crisps is nice, not a fan of the mayo myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Shabadu wrote:
    <
    Click the food & drink link.

You read my mind. Thread moved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

patzer117 wrote:
    Roast Chicken, Stuffing, and Mayo. And obviously on brown bread. I'm addicted to them the way some people are addicted to cigarettes - i need my fix daily. But when it comes... oh the goodness...
    I'm likin' the sound of that.

But for me it's gotta be a well made BLT that takes the cake.:p

With all the bloody cheese in this thread you'd wonder if people wanted to die young, heh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Freelancer

I'm likin' the sound of that.

But for me it's gotta be a well made BLT that takes the cake.:p

With all the bloody cheese in this thread you'd wonder if people wanted to die young, heh.

Yeah cause all the bacon hasn't nearly enough fat.

I'm a fan of a roast beef, cheese, horseradish, and gerkins sambo myself. Lightly toasted. Natch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Brown bread
    chicken
    lettuce
    tomato
    mayo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭muesli_offire

For the more extreme sandwich eater, I have heard tell of the 'danger bite'. It involves taking your preferred everyday sandwich - cheese, veggies, meats, whatever - but with a small dollop of extremely hot mustard or chilli randomly placed within. It could be quite a while before your taste-buds are incinerated, or it could be a less fortunate first bite, either way the taste intensity and anticipation are considerably heightened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Freelancer wrote:
    Yeah cause all the bacon hasn't nearly enough fat.
    Actually I take care to take off the fat and to get rid of grease.

Has anyone ever tried putting Weetabix crumbs in a normal white breaad sandwhich? I tried it and it's not bad. Gives things an extra dimension.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭catspring

bacon, brie and advocado with lettuce and a tiny bit of red onion.

ham, cheese, lettuce, tomato and red onion with branston pickle.

tuna and red onion (all mashed up with mayo) and lettuce

all of the above must be made with butter and mayo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

There are just three decent sambos that my tastebuds have ever had the grace to meet:

1) Chicken and Stuffing (chicken, stuffing, mayo) on brown bread.
    2) Tuna (tuna, mayo) on brown bread
    3) Salmon (salmon, mayo) on brown bread.

Non of the above have any butter, just the filling and plain bread, cut diagonaly.
    I always make the tuna sambos at home, I only buy the Trudies Salmon sambos at work when I am on a break, and I will either make or buy the C&S sambos.

O'Briens C&S are the nicest, followed by Trudies (the mayo in hers is just addictive) and then the homemade ones made from my aunts roast chicken breast and homemade stuffing.

Lets face it, I just cannot live without at least one of these in my day. I swear C&S sambos are even more addictive then alcohol or MJ (at least to me anyway)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Freelancer

There are just three decent sambos that my tastebuds have ever had the grace to meet:

1) Chicken and Stuffing (chicken, stuffing, mayo) on brown bread.
    2) Tuna (tuna, mayo) on brown bread
    3) Salmon (salmon, mayo) on brown bread.

Non of the above have any butter, just the filling and plain bread, cut diagonaly.
    I always make the tuna sambos at home, I only buy the Trudies Salmon sambos at work when I am on a break, and I will either make or buy the C&S sambos.

O'Briens C&S are the nicest, followed by Trudies (the mayo in hers is just addictive) and then the homemade ones made from my aunts roast chicken breast and homemade stuffing.

Lets face it, I just cannot live without at least one of these in my day. I swear C&S sambos are even more addictive then alcohol or MJ (at least to me anyway)

We're coming up to christmas so the classic turkey cranberry and brie is magnificent with leftover turkey. I mean sublime, its the best thing to do with leftovers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Chris P Duck

2 slices of brown/white bread toasted
    Slice of Turkey
    Iceberg Lettuce
    Onion
    Lots of Brown Sauce

I love this sandwich, sometimes I replace the brown sauce with tomato ketchup and mayo mixed together. Delicious!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

tomato ketchup and mayo mixed together.
    You can buy tubes of this in my local supermarket. It comes out striped like toothpaste. The kids love it. Made by Thomy, it's called Top2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 underpantsgirl

nutella no bread just nutella

Advertisement