Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linksys Wirelss G Router and Imagine on demand

• 19-11-2005 1:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Trying to set up this router to connect to my laptop with imagines on demand service. Can connect the laptop to the router alright and get a connection with good signal but can't get internet connection to work ..Have the router set to PPPoE but still can't get anything..Anyone? Should DHCP be enabled..
    Anyone who can help t'would be most appreciated cos a lot of this is double ducth to me..
    Thx

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

I don't have Imagine as my ISP, but if they are anything like most other DSL providers, the basic settings you need are PPPoE, VPI and VCI of 8 and 35, DHCP enabled and make sure your lappy is getting an IP address automatically from the router (that's where DHCP comes in by the way).

You also might want to try the initial connection using your wired Ethernet connector (most laptops have them as standard anyway) and once you get a solid Internet connection, try switching to wireless.

If you're still getting nowhere, go into the configuration page for the Linksys router and temporarily disable the hardware firewall in it (listed under Security usually) and try again. You may also want to add to your post on which Linksys router you have exactly, as some config options will vary from model to model - I'm using their WAG54G - great piece of kit...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

clubvinyl wrote:
    Trying to set up this router to connect to my laptop with imagines on demand service. Can connect the laptop to the router alright and get a connection with good signal but can't get internet connection to work ..Have the router set to PPPoE but still can't get anything..Anyone? Should DHCP be enabled..
    Anyone who can help t'would be most appreciated cos a lot of this is double ducth to me..
    Thx

What is the model number of the linksys router you are using?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 clubvinyl

WRT54G as well. Still lost in this. Can get connection no problem when i wire the modem to the ethernet port of the laptop but as soonas I go wireless i get nothing..Habve set to PPPoe but can't find where to set VCI/VPI

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

clubvinyl wrote:
    WRT54G as well. Still lost in this. Can get connection no problem when i wire the modem to the ethernet port of the laptop but as soonas I go wireless i get nothing..Habve set to PPPoe but can't find where to set VCI/VPI

I presume you are using the WRT54g with whatever router that Imagine supply? Usallly you will have to set your original modem/router to a 'bridge' mode so that the linksys does all the work. Have you tried to do this? what modem/router do imagine supply?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 clubvinyl

zyxcel prestige 600 is the one imagine provide. So i should go into that and change to bridge ? Is it usually 192.168.100.1 for the modem ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement