Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving back to Waterford

Options
  • 19-11-2005 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

I left Waterford in 1985 and have been in Dublin ever since. Am finding the pase of life a bit too hectic and Dublin a bit rough and am thinking about moving back to Waterford. Am seperated a long time now from my childrens father but all of his family live in Waterford and the kids are close to their cousins. Other than that I have no family or friends in Waterford and if I sell up in Dublin and buy in Waterford moving back up wont be an option. A couple of questions,
    Will it be hard to make new friends in Waterford?
    What are the emplopyment opportunities ( high end sales)
    Is Waterford still relatively safe
    Has Waterford become more cosmopolitan over the years ( it used to be quite insular):

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

daisyplant wrote:
    I left Waterford in 1985 and have been in Dublin ever since. Am finding the pase of life a bit too hectic and Dublin a bit rough and am thinking about moving back to Waterford. Am seperated a long time now from my childrens father but all of his family live in Waterford and the kids are close to their cousins. Other than that I have no family or friends in Waterford and if I sell up in Dublin and buy in Waterford moving back up wont be an option. A couple of questions,
    Will it be hard to make new friends in Waterford?
    What are the emplopyment opportunities ( high end sales)
    Is Waterford still relatively safe
    Has Waterford become more cosmopolitan over the years ( it used to be quite insular):

I know plenty of people who moved from Dublin to Waterford and made great friends. Waterford is a lot more cosmopolitan than it was, but it's still Waterford, and is very clannish. Probably easiest to make friends through work, or some sort of course, and take it from there. Not sure how easy it to get sales work, but not as easy as in Dublin, obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭daisyplant

Hi Merlante, Thanks for the reply. When I last lived in Waterford there were very few people from anywhere else living there. I guess imigration has probably sorted that out anyway. Is there plenty of work there if you're not too fussy? Any other opinions would be very welcome, any other blow ins around?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

There's a good few jobs around. Particularly where I work.

Advertisement