Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to eat int the morning?

• 19-11-2005 4:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭

Can anyone reccomend me something for breakfast? Currently I rarely have time for breakfast in the mornings due to the fact that a) I'm running late for breakfast
    b) I can't bear the taste of Special K which is all my mother buys
    c) On weekends I'm never up before 12.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Bagel and low fat cream cheese

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

FX Meister wrote:
    Bagel and low fat cream cheese
    Right on brother

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 597 ✭✭✭bambam

Alpen nutty crunch with natural yoghurt & a dollop of honey. Serve with strong black coffee. yum!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Cheerios! :)

Or, a cheese toastie and cuppa tea! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

byte wrote:
    Cheerios! :)

Or, a cheese toastie and cuppa tea! :)
    Tea is not my thing. Coffee is much more of a morning thing anyway. I used to eat cheerios but I got sick of them and moved to special k. Now my mother is addicted to special k and their crappy diets. I think I'll try the bagel and cream cheese idea.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Porridge made in the microwave, tasty and fast. Serve with honey and cinnamon. Or throw in a handful of raisins. :) I love porridge as it keeps me going all morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

an nice big juicy apple is what i have if i'm running late, it's easy to eat but it also wakes you up too.

Cremo wrote:
    an nice big juicy apple is what i have if i'm running late, it's easy to eat but it also wakes you up too.
    I can't be arsed with all the chewing that's involved with eating an apple.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Nurishment drink, some fruit and a pain au choc!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭muesli_offire

kicked the cereal for about a year and a half (most are too crunchy) and turned to chocolate biscuits or pain-au-chocolat with tea. Worst breakfast ever. Trying to get on the porridge for the winterval - although chocolate and/or golden syrup may become supplementary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Weetabix with banana. Tis fairly fast and stops the weetabix tasteing like wallpaper paste porriage when it gets soggy from the milk. Or if peeling and cutting (or even biting bits off and putting them in the bowel) is too much effort just weetabix and milk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Binomate wrote:
    I can't be arsed with all the chewing that's involved with eating an apple.

Ah lads come on lol, ffs if you aren't arsed with all the chewing involved in an apple, I can't see you eating much for breakfast!

Wait - how about a nice fruit smoothie? No chewing. Just drinking. :D

Ah lads come on lol, ffs if you aren't arsed with all the chewing involved in an apple, I can't see you eating much for breakfast!

Wait - how about a nice fruit smoothie? No chewing. Just drinking. :D
    I'd eat any other softer kind of fruit. Apples are just too much effort. Eating an apple is like exercis for your mouth. Not as enjoyable as a bananna or a pear or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

black pudding sandwich- fry up three pieces of pudding toast two slices of bread - spread pudding between - three minutes and one pudding and one loaf = i week of breakfasts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

I'm on alpen, but tescos one as its lower in sugar and salt. You should check out the salf levels in your cereals, especially Special K.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Reaver772

Throw some sausage, egg, bacon and black pudding into a frying pan then burn them until their a bit crunchy serve with coffee thats strong enough to melt the spoon used to stir it. Nothing better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

When I have time, I'd usually have Porridge. Its really tasty with honey.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Binomate wrote:
    Can anyone reccomend me something for breakfast? Currently I rarely have time for breakfast in the mornings due to the fact that a) I'm running late for breakfast
    b) I can't bear the taste of Special K which is all my mother buys
    c) On weekends I'm never up before 12.

A) Get your ar*se out of bed earlier
    B) Ask your mam to buy something you do like
    C) See option "A"

Failing the above would you not make something the night before like a sambo or something and stick it in the fridge? Or you could do what I do when I dont have time for breaky in the morning... Buy a scone from a spar/centra/londis/mace and a carton of orange juice.. Quick, easy, cheap, and suprisingly satisfying...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Cherios just eaten like sweets are very fast - either that or get a decent smoothie - would not be a fan of these breakfast bars, most of them seem very unhealthy with too much refined sugars.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

[would not be a fan of these breakfast bars, most of them seem very unhealthy with too much refined sugars.[/QUOTE]

Yet another example of food company's claiming their product is healthy when if you read the ingredients they clearly are no more healthy than any cake or biscuit on the market... :mad: Was listening to an ad for some butter on the wireless today flying home from the sticks.. claiming to "significantly lower your collesterol" WTF??? Nobody eats enough butter for it to effect you in that way... They should say... If you replace your normal butter with this tasteless sh*te it might not make you gain as much weight.. But its tasteless sh*te...

• Advertisement
Advertisement