Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick q about an external soundcard?

Options
  • 19-11-2005 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭

Got a lend of one for a few days and I want to just do a few recordings and then give it back to him. Is it easy to install this and then just revert back to my normal soundcard?

Its this one btw http://reviews.zdnet.co.uk/hardware/audio/0,39023775,39146641,00.htm

Also any advice on how to use the thing would be great too!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭sei046

you should have absolutely no problems going back to your usual setup. You will have to just sit down with it and set it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭sturgo

You should have no major problem providing all you want to do is record audio via the mic input. You might run into difficulties if you plan to do multi track recording or use any soft synths in real time. The product itself is really designed for domestic use. i.e. gaming and watching DVDs. I used it with my laptop for over a year, untill I switched over to Mac. I suggest you also download some ASIO drivers. Try www.asio4all.com

Advertisement