Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to test with multiple browsers...

Options
  • 19-11-2005 4:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what the best setup is for testing with all the big browsers... I know there are sites out there that'll provide this service, but AFACR the ones I've seen charge a fee.
    Just about all I can test here is IE6, FF, Mozilla, Opera, etc.
    I was thinking of installing Win98 into a VM, so I could check with older versions of IE, netscape etc... maybe have a 'live' linux CD (or just VM that aswell).
    Not sure what to do about Mac browsers though.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Have a look at SiteVista

Disclosure - they are clients of ours

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

I was thinking of installing Win98 into a VM, so I could check with older versions of IE

If you want to test older versions of IE, it would be worth taking a look at this tutorial. I have also used BrowserCam a few times. You can sign up for a 24 hour account. If you use Mailinator, you can sign up as many times as you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

I use VMWare on a beefy AMD64 machine with lots of RAM for running various installs of Windows 2000 (one for each version of IE) plus Win98 for IE4 and a couple of Linux distros. Then I have a G3 (crammed with extra RAM) I got for free running OSX for Safari, IE 5.2 for Mac and Omniweb. Works for me but its not the cheapest solution.

Advertisement