Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scary fortune teller in Galway.

Options
  • 19-11-2005 5:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭

My sister lives in Galway. A friend of hers decided she wanted to go to this fortune teller but didn't want to go on her own so my sis agreed to go with her.

So the fortune teller then starts talking to my sis about me.

"You have one brother and no sisters" correct.
    "He works in computers but its not challenging enough for him so he's leaving to do something completely different, something very unusual" Sheesh:eek:
    "There is someone very important in his life with long brown curly hair." :eek: :eek: Fook me, that is very true also.

She said lots of other scary **** I won't go into.

If anyone wants to know if they'll ever cash in the WSOP Main event you might as well find out now and go see this lady.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

Do you believe in fairies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

Do you believe in fairies?

Yeah they hang out on ocallaghan stand in Limerick after midnight on Wednesday.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

My other half went to one last week....she said I was going to come off my bike.Now she wants me to sell the Bike.No chance,not with the traffic in Dublin.

Dam fortune teller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Amaru

NickyOD wrote:
    If anyone wants to know if they'll ever cash in the WSOP Main event you might as well find out now and go see this lady.

Wouldn't it just be easier to ask her which hands to fold?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

NickyOD wrote:
    My sister lives in Galway. A friend of hers decided she wanted to go to this fortune teller but didn't want to go on her own so my sis agreed to go with her.

So the fortune teller then starts talking to my sis about me.

"You have one brother and no sisters" correct.
    "He works in computers but its not challenging enough for him so he's leaving to do something completely different, something very unusual" Sheesh:eek:
    "There is someone very important in his life with long brown curly hair." :eek: :eek: Fook me, that is very true also.

She said lots of other scary **** I won't go into.

It's obvious.
    (1) You tried to chat her up somewhere when you were in a drunken stupour. They never forget any details. :):):)
    (2) She plays NL Hold Em in Limerick and you insulted her with your recent comments. :eek: :eek: :eek:
    (3) Your sister is adjusting the story slightly and she and her mate are laughing like drains that you believe them. :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

How does a drain laugh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭emee

which fortune teller was it? in galway i mean....

FX Meister wrote:
    How does a drain laugh?

Meaning
    To laugh coarsely or loudly.

Origin
    Like water going down a drain.

Seriously I don't believe in fortune tellers but -

I lived in Africa for two years in the 1970's. After about a year out there I heard a knock on my door one night. It was the apartment block security guard. He said his son was sick and his friend told him to come to me and ask for a King George two-shilling piece. (I realised "friend" meant local witch-doctor/healer). When I said I had no English money he insisted I look. To get rid of him I said I would. I went into my bedroom and opened a drawer. There was some change in a corner (Irish & English). On top was a two-shilling piece. The monarch was not Queen Elizabeth. It was King George. I gave it to him. What shook me was (1) I did not know if I had any Irish or English change (2) I did not know where to look (3) The coin he wanted was in the place I looked first.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

NickyOD wrote:
    Is he good to you? :v:

• Advertisement

lafortezza wrote:

Thats some funny **** right there...:D

Brakes into A verse of Y.M.C.A

lafortezza wrote:

You sir, are a no talent assclown. :D

NickyOD wrote:
    Yeah they hang out on ocallaghan stand in Limerick after midnight on Wednesday.

Just so as we dont get an unfortunate shock at some stage later (Limerick poker star performs satanic ritual after bubbling at WSOP 2006), could you give an indication of which of the following you DONT believe in.

Father Christmas
    The Easter bunny
    The Bogeyman
    The wicked witch of the East
    The Lock Ness Monster
    Ghosts
    Patrick Viera
    Dragons
    Vampires
    UFOs
    Jesus LOL
    De Vore
    Thor
    Unicorns

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

kincsem wrote:
    Seriously I don't believe in fortune tellers but -

I lived in Africa for two years in the 1970's. After about a year out there I heard a knock on my door one night. It was the apartment block security guard. He said his son was sick and his friend told him to come to me and ask for a King George two-shilling piece. (I realised "friend" meant local witch-doctor/healer). When I said I had no English money he insisted I look. To get rid of him I said I would. I went into my bedroom and opened a drawer. There was some change in a corner (Irish & English). On top was a two-shilling piece. The monarch was not Queen Elizabeth. It was King George. I gave it to him. What shook me was (1) I did not know if I had any Irish or English change (2) I did not know where to look (3) The coin he wanted was in the place I looked first.

sounds like he was mooching around ur apartment while u were at work

so how are u going to do in the WSOP nicky?

sounds like he was mooching around ur apartment while u were at work

Could be true but why not nick it. They nicked everything that was not nailed down, cash, coffee, washing powder, booze, clothes. :mad:

kincsem wrote:
    Could be true but why not nick it. They nicked everything that was not nailed down, cash, coffee, washing powder, booze, clothes. :mad:

possible that u were being set up for a big sting.

or maybe it really was that old voodoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Dub13 wrote:
    My other half went to one last week....she said I was going to come off my bike.Now she wants me to sell the Bike.No chance,not with the traffic in Dublin.

Dam fortune teller.

ex of mine tried to pull this trick too..

ntlbell wrote:
    ex of mine tried to pull this trick too..

How did you deal with it...?do you think they are all in on it together...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭biofreak

OMG this might be the same one someone I know went to. Did she cost €40? She was in Galway too last week. The fortune teller told her that she only used people, that she only used people for her personal gain and in 10 years she will have no friends coz she'll have created such a bad name for herself, all true.

• Advertisement

OMG I cant take this thread any more - and it was All True! and she knew what age I was and she only looked my driving license for a couple of seconds and poor old jimmy, well at least we know that jimmy is safe up there in that big room for silly people in the sky

OMG I cant take this thread any more - and it was All True! and she knew what age I was and she only looked my driving license for a couple of seconds and poor old jimmy, well at least we know that jimmy is safe up there in that big room for silly people in the sky

Come on Hector. If a complete stranger who you gave no info to, (just walked into a room and sat down in front of them) started coming out with all this incredibly accurate info would it not disturb you a little?

NickyOD wrote:
    Come on Hector. If a complete stranger who you gave no info to, (just walked into a room and sat down in front of them) started coming out with all this incredibly accurate info would it not disturb you a little?

Possibly, but Im always going to believe there is a rational explanation over an irrational one.

I hope its not true....otherwise I will be coming of my bike in the near future.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Possibly, but Im always going to believe there is a rational explanation over an irrational one.
    That would be/is my view too. However when its not a friend-of-a-friend its harder to simply pooh pooh. My sister has said some pretty ****in' distrubing things to me over a phoneline from Abu Dhabi when my father had litterally just been wheeled out in the ambulance. The first words out of her mouth were "Tom, whats wrong with dad?".

Now *that* freaked me. However after a long hard think about how the foundations of my rationality were crumbling I realised something. Science has NEVER known everything so we shouldnt discount things that aren't explained by science at this moment, in fact given past performance of NEVER having had a time when there wasnt SOMETHING science was mystified about, it seems unlikely that there suddenly is nothing outside the explanation of science. In fact science (probability and extrapolation) would suggest that we are almost CERTAIN to have effects and phenomena we can't explain.

The difference, perhaps, is that I believe this is nothing freaky or spooky or irrational or "paranormal". If you asked me to explain it or theorise I'd say there was something like quantum pairing going on at birth (the spark of life?) which binds relatives closely and since we are all relatives at SOME distance, perhaps these other phenomena represent people who are more easily attuned to their connection.

I think the difference perhaps that Hector is after is that both of us would believe that at some stage we'll known the frequency and amplitude of this connection or be able to communicate via it. In short, it will be as explanable as radio waves, which if you were to show someone 100 years ago, would seem like magic.

DeV.

I think this thread shows that a non poker sub form would be a good idea.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Nah its hideously off topic but in a sense it also relates to people's belief in "luck" "superstition" etc.... like having the deck changed or moving seats in a cash game.

DeV.

Of course I agree that Science has yet to explain a lot, Im sure our view of the world will be regarded as just as naive as before the advent of quantom physics; but admitting that does not mean that one should then give any legitmacy to all of the crazy and outlandish beliefs that some people are possessed with. Fortune tellers are a perfect example, for centuaries they have existed as con artists extremely talented in manipulating peoples emotions; they prey on human beings weakness and manage to create the impression that they are doing something "mystical" when in fact they just use the powers of suggestion and various other techniques. This is all well documented, and I think its a terrible reflection on the average human that Fortune telling is still a big business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Amaru

Poker playersare a perfect example, for decades they have existed as con artists extremely talented in manipulating peoples emotions; they prey on human beings weakness and manage to create the impression that they are doing something "mystical" when in fact they just use the powers of suggestion and various other techniques. This is all well documented, and I think its a terrible reflection on the average human that Poker is still a big business.

FYP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

that is great Amaru

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement