Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scary fortune teller in Galway.

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

DeVore you lost me there when u got onto the radio thing :)
    lets play poker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Fatboydim

could you give an indication of which of the following you DONT believe in.
    Jesus LOL

Interestingly when you look at it in purely scientific terms the idea of God is the most laughable of all – so interesting that the remark had to be qualified with an LOL.

Having said that I do keep an open mind myself [even about God] Partly because of a number of things which have happened to me over the years.

When I was 17 I had a premonition of a car crash I would have one month later. The dream was recorded in a diary. It happened – And I won’t go into too much detail here but it was a crash at 80mph… The car was totally trashed… I walked away without even whiplash and I wasn’t wearing a seatbelt.

When I was 30 I had my palm read [I didn’t pay it was someone I was working with – ironically on London’s Burning – Where I met 1 half of the Hendon Mob Barny and Ross] This person who did not know me well predicted the birth of my son Matthew [7yrs later and completely unplanned] and my moving. [At that time it was completely inconceivable that I would move from London let alone back to Ireland. She also predicted my poker career saying I would earn a lot of money but also lose a lot of money. Ain’t that the truth lol.

At a writer’s guild bash – not the place where you would expect this… I was approached by an eminent psychiatrist who is very very well known in medical and political circles and tours the United States college circuit. He targeted me – crossing the room knowing nothing about me and stating we had met in a previous life. I thought nutter but this guy is a top political theorist. He told me stuff that would make your hair curl. I regret losing contact with him – but in truth I found it too spooky.

And rather more light hearted but nevertheless weird was the time I was sat in a pub after giving a lecture and one of the students declared herself to be a white witch. There was nothing in my lecture that indicated any interest in the paranormal but she said she sensed I would be open to it as I had spirits looking after me… At this point a Pipestrel bat, very rare in UK let alone Essex… flew into the pub – which was a vast Witherspoons ex-bingo hall – cinema jobbie – Flew around my head and flew out again.

Like Hector and Tom I tend to think there is a scientific explanation to these things. If I have any spirits looking after me, powers or stuff I wish I could apply them to poker.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

I was playing poker one day, right! And like this dude I was playing against. He like called my all-in preflop with 10-5 soooted. I had the rockets so I was like 2 million to one favourite like. And you won't believe this but I lost!! I thought that was pretty freaky! HOw'd he know to call with those!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Amaru

Fatboydim wrote:
    Interestingly when you look at it in purely scientific terms the idea of God is the most laughable of all – so interesting that the remark had to be qualified with an LOL.

Its an internet joke, there's a thread by Hector in one of the general forums with biblical pictures and l33t speak. He's not laughing at the idea of God.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Fatboydim wrote:
    When I was 30 I had my palm read [I didn’t pay it was someone I was working with – ironically on London’s Burning – Where I met 1 half of the Hendon Mob Barny and Ross] This person who did not know me well predicted the birth of my son Matthew [7yrs later and completely unplanned] and my moving. [At that time it was completely inconceivable that I would move from London let alone back to Ireland. She also predicted my poker career saying I would earn a lot of money but also lose a lot of money. Ain’t that the truth lol.
    Is this for real????

She predicted that at some stage in your life you'd:
    (a) have a child;
    (b) move house; and
    (c) make and lose money!!!:confused::confused:

This is the typical life cycle of 95% of the population. Now if she predicted the other 5% of the population I'd be impressed!!!

• Advertisement

Amaru wrote:
    Its an internet joke, there's a thread by Hector in one of the general forums with biblical pictures and l33t speak. He's not laughing at the idea of God.

I know he's not laughing at the idea of God that's why the LOL isd there as a qualifier in case anyone took offence - That I find interesting. As the idea of God scientifically is riculous.

Ste05 wrote:
    Is this for real????

She predicted that at some stage in your life you'd:
    (a) have a child;
    (b) move house; and
    (c) make and lose money!!!:confused::confused:

This is the typical life cycle of 95% of the population. Now if she predicted the other 5% of the population I'd be impressed!!!

To take point A. She predicted 4 kids. We had one miscarry - a boy and a girl - so there was no way we wanted another child And my wife was on the pill. As that is supposed to be pretty fecking effective having another child later when we had already planned our family out was a bit of a shock.

point B] Move house??? I didn't explain it accurately- She actually said move country. That I would live abroad and be by the sea. How many people do that? Actually move country. As for making money and spending it... I was earning feck all at the time as an actor and had only just started to embark on a writing career. One of the reasons I moved back to Ireland was because of the artists exemption. I knew none of this at the time. She couldn't have known how succesful I was going to be.

So I'd say she was pretty accurate. - and I must add that I don't actually believe in this stuff - just I have no explanation at this moment in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Jesus LOL is totally real. Read the thread linked and become one of the faithful.

jesuslol.jpg

lafortezza wrote:
    Jesus LOL is totally real. Read the thread linked and become one of the faithful.

jesuslol.jpg

I see the light lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Tourneque

Who needs the X Files when you have the poker forum :rolleyes:

I was getting freaked out until I read this...
    Fatboydim wrote:
    At this point a Pipestrel bat, very rare in UK let alone Essex… flew into the pub – which was a vast Witherspoons ex-bingo hall – cinema jobbie – Flew around my head and flew out again.

lol. Wish I'd seen it. Jesus lol even..

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Thanks.

There is one thing I didn't consider of course and that is how many sisters ring their brothers and say "whats wrong with mom?!". Its true that it might be that I was the 1 in 1000 that got it right (along with the same idea for the fortune teller) but I believe that some time in the future we may well find some scientific link between blood relatives, something quantum probably (only because its the last great area of general scientific ignorance).

Its as close to faith as I get to, faith in the future of science...

DeV.

DeVore wrote:
    Its as close to faith as I get to, faith in the future of science...
    DeV.
    Nice quote

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

For a group of people whose life consists of making logical decisions and catching people with their hands in the cookie jar, I'm surprised how far this thread has gone!

... and now i've just bumped it again.. doh!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

i'm loving this thread!
    we should have more of this stuff.
    forget about the 'he re-raised so i went allin' stuff.
    unleash the 'post anything' policy!
    whats the decision on that btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

It's a negative for the time being. Poker forum is a bit quieter on the weekends. Normal nazi-like service will be resumed tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

i'm loving this thread!
    we should have more of this stuff.
    forget about the 'he re-raised so i went allin' stuff.

www.boards.ie

Tourneque wrote:
    Who needs the X Files when you have the poker forum :rolleyes:

I was getting freaked out until I read this...

lol. Wish I'd seen it. Jesus lol even..

Yeah I really should start taking my medication again :D

But it's all true...

Trying to bring this back to poker and science though... what about those times you choose to play a ****e hand out of position because you feel it's going to hit and it does.

No? Only me then - Do do do do- do do do do - dnha nah nah!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

ocallagh wrote:
    LOL!!!

I would like to dissassociate myself from anyone who believes in newspaper horoscopes, tea leaves or playing a hand because they "had a feeling about it!"

I will also suggest a possibility of a string theory explanation, I don't know what it might be but it contains a lot of rearrangement of our current understanding of the universe. If only someone could actually prove it! :)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

DeVore wrote:
    LOL!!!

I will also suggest a possibility of a string theory explanation, I don't know what it might be but it contains a lot of rearrangement of our current understanding of the universe. If only someone could actually prove it! :)

DeV.

Somebody explained this to me the other night and ...... oh, no .... wait. Sorry, that was a string bet. :D
    Fatfoydim wrote:
    what about those times you choose to play a ****e hand out of position because you feel it's going to hit and it does

That feeling for me usually goes something like this ... I feel really sick of this moron calling every bet I make so I'm going to bet this stupid hand all the way to the river and then go all in.

Like these 2 .... but before those
    Imposter wrote:
    I was playing poker one day, right! And like this dude I was playing against. He like called my all-in preflop with 10-5 soooted. I had the rockets so I was like 2 million to one favourite like. And you won't believe this but I lost!! I thought that was pretty freaky! HOw'd he know to call with those!!!!!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/dubtony/5sand10s.png
    http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/dubtony/10sand5s.png

Ah yes .... strange and powerful forces are at work ..... even as we speak. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

OK, I'll go again.

I crashed in Swinford in 1985 and wrote off my car. I phoned the brother in Ballina to collect me. He told me he was shaving when he got a shock (fright, not the electrical type). He said he knew something was wrong with me (he was expecting me to arrive).

I'm with DeVore on this.

One night Christy Smith went all-in. Before I looked at my cards I knew I had pocket aces. Just knew. Don't know how I knew. You have been warned. Forgot to mention that yes, I had pocket aces.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭susanroth

NickyOD wrote: »
    My sister lives in Galway. A friend of hers decided she wanted to go to this fortune teller but didn't want to go on her own so my sis agreed to go with her.

So the fortune teller then starts talking to my sis about me.

"You have one brother and no sisters" correct.
    "He works in computers but its not challenging enough for him so he's leaving to do something completely different, something very unusual" Sheesh:eek:
    "There is someone very important in his life with long brown curly hair." :eek: :eek: Fook me, that is very true also.

She said lots of other scary **** I won't go into.

If anyone wants to know if they'll ever cash in the WSOP Main event you might as well find out now and go see this lady.

Who is this lady??

Grave digging is bad...

This thread is from 4 years ago!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement