Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend an LCD Tv please.

• 19-11-2005 5:36pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just looking for a suggestion for a decent LCD for my living room.
    Curently have a philips 28" widescreen notmal TV ,nice tv but lcd image quality is tempting me plus existing tv takes up huge space.
    I dont want to spend more than 600 euros so a 20 inch would be grand.
    I saw a few today in pcworld,both 20 " one was an LG for 549 yoyos and other was AOC 499 yoyos.
    Image quality looked similar on both but i never heard of AOC tvs.
    Anything you lads would recommend as im taking another trip to Blanchardstoen and LiffeyValley tomorrow and would like to purchase a decent one.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭ffocused

The LG lcd's have got decent reviews in the home entertainment mags, so for the sake of EUR50 i would go for that over an unknown brand.

www.richersounds.ie have a Philips 20" 4:3 aspect LCD for EUR550 too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Cheers,i see Argos have a 27" Bush LCD for 749 yoyos,what ya reckon?

I personally would not get a Bush tv, but that is just me. I see on another thread further down that Dell have a 26" ws lcd for 750 and they are HD ready. Dell have been making lcd monitors for years so i would say they are good. Was looking at their 32" lcd a few weeks back myself but got a Samsung 32" cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,616 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

dont want to spoil Dcully thread but im also looking for a lcd screen a 28" -32"

is it possible to get a 28"-32" lcd screen which is hd ready and perfect for xbox 360 for less than 800 euro?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

How about a Dell LCD-TV?, they're all HDTV ready and I picked up the 19" version for €448 last week for use with my Xbox 360.

• Advertisement

Headshot, i doubt you will get a 32" HD ready lcd for 800 but you should be able to get a 28" online for that, or the previously mentioned Dell 26" is HD ready and only 750.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,616 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

i was thinking of the dell 26" but is that 4:3 or 16:9

and the response time is 25ms
    thats bad for games on the pc but what would it be like for a console
    especially xbox 360

Advertisement