Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Niggar

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

FX Meister wrote:
    Even if it just perpetuates a negative sterotype?
    Are you the kind of person that punches somebody if they make a joke about you because you sound like it.

Also show me where my 'ignorance' has been elsewhere on this forum please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 madisona

indeed. you should consider the negative effect that the characterisation of yourself in that way will have on the perception of irish people in general and the fact that it will help to perpetuate a negative and outdated stereotype.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

It's all a play on a deragatory word, so ironic or not, I don't think it's suitable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Do you get anything tbh
    http://www.encounter.co.za/article/25.html :v:

two people have been sated, let's see how long you can last.

Ahh yeah you have me there, I was thinking that comedy central was a U.S. television station. But as you pointed out to me, it's actually South African.

You might as well add arrogance to your list of negative traits. Get out in the world a little bit more and learn yourself some education.

indeed. nobody in the states refers to blacks as "coloureds".
    africian americans is the politically correct terminology

• Advertisement

Tar.Aldarion You made a number of ignorant statements about vegetarianism here before. The web pages you quoted from were completely inaccurate and served to prove the very opposite of your argument. Then when you realized this you just put your head in the sand and started name calling.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

FX Meister wrote:
    Ahh yeah you have me there, I was thinking that comedy central was a U.S. television station. But as you pointed out to me, it's actually South African.
    No you inferred that I used coloured as an offensive term whereas I did not, It is continuing along the same lines of the joke that if i say something ironically that that makes me a racist.http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Coloured
    Then I made another joke saying i meant the 'coloured people' of south africa and still you do not get it.

You might as well add arrogance to your list of negative traits. Get out in the world a little bit more and learn yourself some education.
    Oh now I am arrogant, go on where does that come out of?Maybe That I think that you have half a brain then you would get a joke?
    where were all these outraged replies that i got about the original joke when I said coloured, maybe people can get jokes on the humour forum,who knows.

FX Meister wrote:
    Tar.Aldarion You made a number of ignorant statements about vegetarianism here before. The web pages you quoted from were completely inaccurate and served to prove the very opposite of your argument. Then when you realized this you just put your head in the sand and started name calling.
    That has never happened.I have never name called and only once have I brought up a ridiculous PETA link for people to laugh at so go on substantiate the unsubstantiated.
    Link.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by FX Meister

Are you the kind of person that punches somebody if they make a joke about you because you sound like it.

Also show me where my 'ignorance' has been elsewhere on this forum please.

eh. FX Meister made a remark about someone who characterised themselves as an alcoholic paddy. His remark was clearly intended to be ironic.
    however you Tar seem to have failed to realize this. Perhaps you should ask sombody to explain irony to you. touche

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

hehe paul.
    Collected a nice few new names for my boards.ie ignorelist killfile of doom, this thread has.

• Advertisement

madisona wrote:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FX Meister

eh. FX Meister made a remark about someone who characterised themselves as an alcoholic paddy. His remark was clearly intended to be ironic.
    however you Tar seem to have failed to realize this. Perhaps you should ask sombody to explain irony to you. touche
    haha nice one but the fact is that he wasn't intending to be ironic as it is clear that that is not his personality :)

hehe paul.
    Collected a nice few new names for my boards.ie ignorelist killfile of doom, this thread has
    aye, great craic.
    I can bring them out like nobodies business.
    I'm gonna post about the war in iraq next to see who I can help add to your list :v:

You used an outdated and derogatory term, just because you don't know it shouldn't be used doesn't mean it's ok. It's just ignorant. But you still think you are in the right and in a very overbearing way. That's just arrogant.
    But there's no point arguing with you over it. Unfortunately all I can do is look down on you and feel sorry for you. Enjoy the rest of you evening. I won't be back.

FX Meister wrote:
    You used an outdated and derogatory term, just because you don't know it shouldn't be used doesn't mean it's ok. It's just ignorant. But you still think you are in the right and in a very overbearing way. That's just arrogant.
    But there's no point arguing with you over it. Unfortunately all I can do is look down on you and feel sorry for you. Enjoy the rest of you evening. I won't be back.
    Oh nice one bow out when I explain my joke,at least fuzzy was smart enough to get it.I doubt you even know that the black people called THEMSELVES coloured in the video as a joke.Sigh. I have explained that it is derogatory and even linked you to a definition of it being so.

'No you inferred that I used coloured as an offensive term whereas I did not, It is continuing along the same lines of the joke that if i say something ironically that that makes me a racist.http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Coloured
    Then I made another joke saying i meant the 'coloured people' of south africa and still you do not get it.'

Then you make a ridiculous claim about my activities in the vegetarian / vegan forum and then don't link.
    You w1n.

So that's clip one talked about. Lets move on to the rest and get some appreciated feedback. :v:

madisona wrote:
    In my country there is problem
    And that problem is the Jew
    They take everybody money
    And they never give it back

Throw the jew down the well
    So my country can be free )
    You must grab him by his horns
    Then we have a big party

http://inhonor.net/videos/uped/fl_video.php?f_num=92500
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051114/od_uk_nm/oukoe_uk_kazakhstan_borat

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

FX Meister wrote:

i don't find it negative, i actually find it quite funny, some of my friends that don't drink (shock horror) have no problem with it and even people i know that aren't called paddy are ok with it
    madisona wrote:
    indeed. you should consider the negative effect that the characterisation of yourself in that way will have on the perception of irish people in general and the fact that it will help to perpetuate a negative and outdated stereotype.

see above

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 La Cucaracha

they're from the dave chappelle show, my american flatmate showed me that ages ago, thought it was gas!

this is the humor forum right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

this is the humor forum right?
    Yer I think some people are confusing it with humanities

Anyway the clip is hilarious :v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Atrocity

madisona wrote:
    A racist would not see that the joke was on him. he would think that it was funny and an affirmation of his beliefs.

that is just ridiculous. who could possibly watch that and see it as an affirmation of any beliefs, it's obviously an over-the-top joke. This PC bullsh*t is gettin old. Grow up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Devon

You would absolutely need to have seen his show to appreciate the humour. The "Niggar Family" segment is from S02E02 and a vast amount of the audience are black. He gives a great intoduction to the segment and why he did it in the first place. You really would need a little background on it before you see it to "get" the humour.

On a side note, he's hailed as being one the most intelligent comedians on the earth today. He did another good segment on the same show extracting the urine out of McDonalds for an ad they ran which emphasised how many african american staff they employ.

Get this episode if you can.

• Advertisement

You don't really need to have seen it tbh. I'm sure most people havn't that found it funny.
    It's common sense but some people are filled with 'oh why won't somebody please think of the children' BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

this is better than pro-wrestling
    *pulls up a deck chair and some popcorn*

fight! fight! fight!

cant watch this in work but ill be sure to take a peek when i get home :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

made me laugh anyway:D

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Drazhar

There are two things in this world i hate, racists and black people.....

Well actually, i only hate mushrooms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Anto and Moe

He he, Dave Chappelle is a genus!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭radioman

That clip is very funny, and guess what, I'm not racist

By the way, did all you PC people find that clip from the Simpsons where all the Irish get drunk and start fighting at the Paddys day parade offensive?

Poeple with no sense of humour should be banned from this forum

People aren't getting the point, it doesn't matter whether it's racist or not, it's just not that funny. Now the one with Rick James, that had me in stiches, that was absolutely genius. He did Jick James down to a T and the boots looked really good, expecially when he stamped them all over the couch.
    Originally Posted by Tar.Alda Marion
    haha nice one but the fact is that he wasn't intending to be ironic as it is clear that that is not his personality
    Wow I so totally got you there, if this was, like, on TV I'd be Aston Kutcher and you would be so punk'd. And that's fact bog monsteur.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

^^

not much point in being Aston Kutcher if you can't even get someones name right,
    hey Tar.Alda Marion you've been punk'd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭base2

Its funny whether its racist or not. And Dave Chapelles comedy is racist for those not in the know.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

:mad: ENOUGH OF THIS MUPPETRY!!!:mad:

Take it to the Thunderdome if you want to battle it out, this is not the place. Mass bannings are being considered for all involved parties (if you made a post, I might ban you for a month).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement