Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snobs from Dublin..

Options
  • 19-11-2005 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭

The "worst area in Dublin" thread has had plenty of attention, and there has been plenty of rather snobby posts there too.

Id like to ask people about their experiences with snobbery in Dublin.

What areas, what pubs and clubs have you encountered snobbery in?

And those who serve the public as bar tenders or waiters etc, have you found "classy" people to be nice to deal with? Do they say "please" and "thank you", or just "I want" ..

Id be interested in hearing peoples views on the subject.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Clontarf and donneybrook in my experience

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

That ****ing pub- emm- the merrion or the m1 or whatever its called. I hate it. All those RTE heads.
    I used to work in RTE.
    That is one place where you will find so much pomp and snobbery, its terrible. Even the frickin 18 year old interns think theyre the cheese coz theyre in RTE. Pathetic.
    That is the kind of snobbery I hate the most, people who work in the media, who arent necessarily on great money, but think theyre the beeswax. Im so glad to be shot of RTE I tell thee.

Incidentally, my x, the posh one, she would never say "please" or "thank you" to bar staff or waiters.
    She never worked a days hard work in her life. Ive done my fair share of barwork and waiting, and I know how big a difference it makes when customers are friendly.
    In my Eddie Rockets part-timer days, it was always the "classy" people who were rude and complained about the littlest things.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

womoma wrote:
    That ****ing pub- emm- the merrion or the m1 or whatever its called. I hate it. All those RTE heads.
    I used to work in RTE.
    That is one place where you will find so much pomp and snobbery, its terrible. Even the frickin 18 year old interns think theyre the cheese coz theyre in RTE. Pathetic.
    That is the kind of snobbery I hate the most, people who work in the media, who arent necessarily on great money, but think theyre the beeswax. Im so glad to be shot of RTE I tell thee.

alot of my friends are runners in rte...i guess one or two might seem that way, and its not just snobs that dont say thank you and the like

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

meh, no one place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

I think snobbery can be found anywhere, i dont think it s down to location. There are far to many people in dublin who have there own head up there arse, a little kick of reality could do wonders for many. But id like to think that the sound Dubs make up for it.

But id like to think that the sound Dubs make up for it.

I agree, I think the sound dubs make up for the snobs, and the scum too, just about.

The reason I brought up this subject was because the "worst area in Dublin" thread is getting a bit pathetic.

Advertisement