Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Live 5 and Moog Modular

Options
  • 19-11-2005 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any experience using Ableton 5 with Arturia Moog Modular? I'm having difficulty triggering midi sounds through my usb keyboard. Live can detect my midi ok, but Moog Modular isn't getting any midi messsages at all. I can play the Moog with the mouse though.

Also, for some reason Moog Modular won't load as a stand alone application. I'm using a Macmini, 512MB RAM, an M-audio O2 keyboard and a Miglia Harmony Audio.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

forgive me if you know this already, but you have to click the record button on the indivual track in Live to hear it while you play your midi keyboard.
    Thats the only reason I can imagine why its not happening for you.
    Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭sturgo

I actually hadn't tried that! It still doesn't work though. I'm thinking there might be a problem with the Moog program itself as it doesn't even work as a standalone program. In fact I can't get the program to load at all.

Any ideas?

I never need to use stand alone apps so Im not sure about that.

Are you on a mac or Pc?

If you have an alternative such as AU [mac] or DXI [sonar], you could try installing them that way and see if they work.

If you can load it up in Live, and the moog virtual keyboard gives you sound when u click it, can you hear it play when its fed miidi info, i.e., when you create a midi clip with a few notes, and send it to the moog?

Finally, you should keep your eye out for mini moog, which is similar but far less troublesome. Sorry I cant be of more help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Beecher

I dont use live but I do use the Moog Modular. To get it to work (standalone) firstly go to file->preferences, select the Audio protocol (im gonna presume Asio as the latency will suck without it) and then the Audio Driver (The Asio driver of your soundcard). Select the sample rate (48000 works well for me) and close the config screen. In the Moog window, just above the Keyboard should be a midi in tab, use this to select with port your Keyboard is plugged into et voila :v:

I'm using a Macmini. I've tried Mini Moog, but I have the exact same problems. Maybe I should buy the real hardware. :v:

• Advertisement

Ok, I've finally got Minimoog working as a standalone and it's receiving midi information via my usb keyboard. I had to upgrade to version 1.5. Still no joy with Live though.

Thanks.

mac mini? fair play

Yeah, the main drawback is the 512MB RAM. But I'm not using it for any kind of heavy multi-tracking. Just samples and softsynths really. I have it hooked up to a Miglia Harmony and I use an M-audio O2 for trigering the midi. I monitor the sound through an amp and a set of speakers I bought from Richer Sounds a couple of years ago. It's by no means Abbey Road! :v:

kool - i like it

Advertisement