Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

class b misdemeanor

Options
  • 19-11-2005 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

i'm not quite sure if this is the corrct forum for this but i cant see any other that apply. i was wondering if anybody knew what the penalty for a class b misdemeanor is because i've searched the web and havent found anything for ireland

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Ajnag

Er, I dont think there is such a thing as a misdeameanor in Ireland. Afaik Distinction's are drawn between criminal and non-criminal, In that if you get charged with a criminal conviction you are subject to the possiblity of jail and the verdict go's on your formal record.

Non criminal offense's are usually punishable by fines.
    But Im not 100% sure, this is just the understanding I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,418 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Felonies and misdemeanors were abolished and replaced with crimes and offences.

There appears to be no strict definition between the two, but crimes generally have prison terms over 5 years and offences generally have prison terms up to 2 years. In between, would appear to, well, be betwixt and between.

Can you post examples of Class B Misdemeanors?

Advertisement