Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More help needed, window cills this time.

Options
  • 19-11-2005 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭

Guys,
    Once again I find myself coming to boards for help and advice.
    This time i'm looking for advice on the best places to get prices for either,
    Sandstone or Limestome Cills for my new house. All help would be greatly appreciated.
    Once again, thanks people.

Steve

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi zep,

Sandstone would not be my choice for a window cill, it is a very soft stone and easily damaged by the slightest knock, it can also be a fairly porous stone.

Golden pages might be a good place to start for local suppliers, what may suit your project is a coating that can be applied to standard conrete cills that can give them a fairly authentic stone finish.

I believe there is a company in Bray who carries the product they also do finished interior and exterior plaster finishes.

Sorry I can't think of their name but Google may be able to help.

Advertisement