Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony NW-A3000?

• 19-11-2005 11:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭

Has anyone bought/seen/heard much about the new Sony player?

I was looking to order one from Amazon.. They look pretty good imo..
    35 hrs of battery life, weird design (but I like it)

I'm trying to choose between it and the 30GB video iPod..

the only big problems people have had with it, from what I can see is the terrible ( but slightly improved from the HD5) software..

small question, does anyone know if it can function as a mini HD? just for storage of generic files (eg movies etc.)

any issues w/file conversion?

any opinions on this player? pros? cons? Any help/views would be appreciated..

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

http://reviews-zdnet.com.com/Sony_Walkman_NW_A3000_20_GB/4507-6490_16-31517981.html?tag=sub

According to above Specs, it doubles as an external HDD.

It's in stock where I work, but I'd still opt for the Creative Zen or iRiver equivalent over the Sony. Because of it's curvature, I'd imagine the screen would be easier scratched than a flat fronted one. I preferred the sturdier feel of the HD5 over it too.

I don't know what it sounds like though. And battery life is good if it lasts as long as it promises.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Was lookign at it in the sony Centre today, very very nice. Nice heavy (in a well built way) feel to it. Only recently bought a hd5 so wont be inver=sting, but i do like it. I personally want pushed because I only use my mp3 player in the car, so having the newest one isnt that important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Bakha

I see you guys are interested to find out more about the new sony walkman. Sony is actually organizing a gallery at the moment (named Can You Handle It?), more information can be found:

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/digitalmusic/0,39029432,39194070,00.htm
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/arts/news/story/0,11711,1636004,00.html

"Can You Handle It?" runs from November 11 to December 9 at the Sony
    Walkman Gallery, 10 Greenland Street, London.

If anyone wants to buy or simply find out more about the new Walkman and there is an opportunity to go, strive for it!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Bought this yesterday and have to say im very pleased with it, i was thinking about an iPod, but sure everyone has them.
    i found the software grand, and u dont have to convert your files if u dont want to which is better compared to sonic stage,
    But u can convert to atracplus to save space, and u dont know the difference in quality compared to mp3.
    It can also be used as a External Hd, which is cool.
    Hope this has helped you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Bakha wrote:
    I see you guys are interested to find out more about the new sony walkman. Sony is actually organizing a gallery at the moment (named Can You Handle It?), more information can be found:

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/digitalmusic/0,39029432,39194070,00.htm
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/arts/news/story/0,11711,1636004,00.html

"Can You Handle It?" runs from November 11 to December 9 at the Sony
    Walkman Gallery, 10 Greenland Street, London.

If anyone wants to buy or simply find out more about the new Walkman and there is an opportunity to go, strive for it!!!!

Man, have you ever seen the family guy episode with the sony video recorder? Nice player though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Hunty

how much are these beauties gonna be?

can you then turn the files back into their original format after you have transferred them into Atrac?
    etxp wrote:
    Bought this yesterday and have to say im very pleased with it, i was thinking about an iPod, but sure everyone has them.
    i found the software grand, and u dont have to convert your files if u dont want to which is better compared to sonic stage,
    But u can convert to atracplus to save space, and u dont know the difference in quality compared to mp3.
    It can also be used as a External Hd, which is cool.
    Hope this has helped you.

Between £170-190.
    Hunty wrote:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Hunty wrote:

They're available and they are €299

Advertisement